58. First Days... Again

I wasn't allowed to see Peter for a bit after I went psycho

Dad had been watching Harley while I was gone and let me see her before I moved Thomas into my apartment. I couldn't help but start crying when I saw her run towards me, whimpering from how long we had been separated. The blue staffie almost knocked me over in excitement when she jumped into my arms.

Another thing the Framework ended up giving me: Thomas. His healing abilities were much better than mine, almost off the charts. He finally relented to Fox examining him the day before he left, and I had to admit I was somewhat jealous about how powerful he was. "He has the ability to cure cancer," the older man had told me in awe, looking through a microscope by my side. "Your arm was like child's play for him. It's like he's going through some form of hyper-mitosis. He could even be immortal for all we know."

"Immortal?" I repeated in disbelief, crossing my arms against my chest and leaning on the counter. "You really think so?"

"I mean, there's no way to be sure," Fox admitted, dialing the scopes to get a closer look. "I do know that it allows his curative powers to reach beings other than himself. Makes sense for the Elemental of Nature. Oh, my Lord." The scientist chuckled in delight. "There's literally plant life in his system! Look, it's bonded with his DNA." He pushed the microscope over for me to see what he meant, and sure enough, I could see plant cells mingling with his human ones. The slid was taken out and replaced with one Fox had created for my powers, and the greenish tint was replaced with blue. "And before you try to tell me how much weaker you are, you need to give your abilities another look. I could tell right from my first glance that your power was meant for the strongest of soldiers. Just think about how much is hidden inside of you, how much power you possess."

Going back into my apartment was hard. Things were certainly dusty, food had definitely expired (a task I hated dealing with), and there were photos hanging on the walls that sent twinges of pain through my heart. My phone was even worse. There were over a hundred from Peter before I attacked him, some from my father before he tracked the device down, and more than I could count from Faith and Betty. Michelle had a simple, "Yo, are you still alive," while Liz sent a paragraph catching me up on what had happened the first few days after my identity had been revealed.

The police found her father tied up on the beach in webs with a note saying he was a gift from the "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man." Mr. Toomes's only request was that Liz and her mom weren't in New York during his trail, and Liz explained that she was leaving Midtown Tech and moving to Oregon to be with her family. She also wrote that she wasn't angry at me keeping my true name secret. "I was shocked, you know?" she had texted. "I thought of you as one of my best friends, but when I look at it, I can only think you were keeping us safe too. 'Bella Star' might have been an act, but I know in my heart it was only the name and history you lied about." I hoped something would show from Stacy, but the most recent message had been her call before I was kidnapped. I thought it was her still feeling betrayed.