6. The Necklace

As Fitz caught his breath, I finished the code on the module, and Daisy looked back and forth from Fitz and I. "Well?" I asked.

____________________________________________________________

"I'm okay," May said angrily as we headed into an empty room and locked ourselves in. She ripped her arm off his shoulder and grabbed a table for support. Fitz crossed his arms and looked at his feet before back at May.

"We disabled the containment module," he told her. Daisy's eyes flared.

"Hive can't escape," she realized out loud.

"So you're with us?" May questioned softly, and Daisy nodded. She rubbed her hands against her arms. "You okay? You're shaking," May noted.

"It's withdrawal," I explained.

"Plus," Fitz added, "the Zephyr can handle high altitude, but it's not designed for it. It's subfreezing outside, which also means-"

"The air is getting thin in here," May finished, and I could see some of her breath. I made a face in thought before responding.

"We keep our movements at a minimal," I stated. Fitz removed his jacket and placed it over Daisy. "Try to keep warm." Daisy examined Fitz's jacket in the mirror.

"What do we do next?" she asked.

"This is as far as we got," May sighed. I could see everyone slightly shaking from the cold, but I didn't feel anything. My powers felt vamped up from the Terregenesis, so they were possibly keeping me from experiencing the cold.

"Look through the files here," Fitz said, and he moved his arm around to gesture the room. "Maybe we have something we can use." There was no questioning; all four of us starting searching through the packs until we heard a loud thump. I moved the brain barrier slightly by placing my left middle and pointer finger to my temple.

"It's Coulson and the rest of your team," I announced. Everyone paused and glanced at each other.

"The Quinjet... it's here," Fitz said. "Coulson must have called one."

"They're ducks in a barrel until they deplane, though," May added. While the two talked to each other, she pulled a golden necklace with a cross design out of the jacket pocket. Fear and shock were etched on her face as she checked the SHIELD emblem on the jacket's side. "We need get to the docking station."

"Let''s just hope whoever's on the Quinjet has an idea about what happens next." Fitz said. Daisy looked me painfully in the eye.

"I know exactly what happens next," she said softly. As Fitz and May looked at her in confusion, I reset my two fingers to my head.

The necklace floating in the air, splattered with blood. There's a fait beeping... no, a tick. As it backs away, the last thing seen in the SHIELD jacket as fire consumes everything. An explosion.

As I moved my fingers away, I stared at her in horror. She knew someone was going to die because of whatever that vision was. Daisy thought she was going to die. We both looked away from each other; I stared back at the door we entered in while she clenched her fist around the necklace before stuffing it into the jacket's pocket. The room stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Well," I said to break the silence. "We need to group with the rest of your team. Anyone going first?" It was a silent agreement between all three of them. May went first out the door, and Fitz followed closely behind. Daisy paused before going after them, and I shut the door behind us. I sped up to Daisy while looking warily around.