10. The Escape

"You know, my aunt's been dying to meet you," Peter piped up as he handed me a box of donuts. I hungrily stuffed one in my mouth. My sling had just been taken off, and my arm had healed already. I guess that was part of my new Inhuman powers. "I wouldn't prefer you up yet, but May might know how to keep the cuts from scarring too badly." Peter plopped down on top of his desk as I ate. "And she told me if I don't introduce you in the next few hours, she's gonna start staying in here. And I like my privacy... so..."

I sighed as he gave me his puppy-dog eyes, finishing off my second donut. "Okay," I smiled, rolling my eyes. I pointed a donut at him. "And it's only because I owe you my life." I huffed as I pushed myself off the bed, the last donut held in my mouth as I regained my balance. I looked up to see Peter at the door with a 'seriously?' look on his face. I pulled the donut out of my mouth. "What?"

"You know I'm going to go broke from buying food every three hours for you," he brought up.

"I like eating," I said defensively. "Also, I'm a Stark. I'll pay you back." Peter smiled and opened the door for me. As I walked out and into the living room, a woman possibly in her forties sat up from the couch.

"About time!" she said excitedly, getting up from her spot. "I was starting to think you were dead!" I laughed uncomfortably, flexing my metal fingers a bit. May seemed at ease with the idea of a metal arm.

"Yeah, well," I squirmed, "if you're nephew hadn't rescued me-"

"Those jerks were going down pretty rough on her," Peter interrupted, saving my butt. I silently thanked him. "They just... came out of nowhere."

"Well, I'm glad you're okay," May smiled. I looked down at my feet.

"Miss Parker, I do need your help though," I blurted. May waved a hand down.

"Oh, call me May," she chuckled. "What's the problem?" I looked to Peter, and he nodded. I slowly turned around and lifted up the back of my shirt, and I heard May gasp.

"What the hell..." she broke off. I looked over my shoulder to see May with a hand over her mouth, and I felt a little self conscious.

"How bad are they?" I asked, a bit nervous. May gingerly ran her fingers across them while using her other hand to hold up my shirt.

"They've healed," May answered. "Peter's done a good job." Peter straightened up in pride. "These definitely are going to scar though, even with the medicine."

"I'm okay with scars," I told her, wincing slightly as she reached a tender area an inch or two below my neck.

"I don't think I got your name," May said as she rubbed something warm on my back. I hissed through my teeth. For some reason, my hand reached out to Peter's and held it. Our eyes awkwardly met, and I let go right away. "Sorry, I should have mentioned this was going to sting."

"Bella," I gritted, trying to remember what I told Agent Hallow. "Bella... Star." I think that was right. May massaged the last of the medicine in and set the back of my shirt down. "Thanks, May."

"No worries," she waved before remembering something. May snapped her fingers. "Oh, I bought you something!" She hurried over to the couch and handed me a bag. I peered inside to see a bunch of clothes.

"May, you didn't have to-"

"Oh, just go and try something on," May said excitedly. "Bathroom's down the hall and to the left!"

____________________________________________________________

I tried brushing through the my tangles of hair after my quick shower, but all I received was messy waves. May had somehow guessed my clothing size correctly, because the fit perfectly. My teal skirt came a few inches above my knees, which would normally bother me, but with the tank top it looked perfect.