70. Back Again

"You know, I'm kind of vibing with this 'all girl' team," Stacy spoke up from behind me, her voice more chipper than earlier

   "You know, I'm kind of vibing with this 'all girl' team," Stacy spoke up from behind me, her voice more chipper than earlier. I stood in front of her and Amy as the palace elevator took us up to the landing platform, a duffle bag in my hand with my clothes and few trinkets Shuri had allowed me to bring home. I had honestly forgotten how much Stacy could blabber. "Do I get a super suit out of this? Honestly, I'll make ones for you guys when we get back. Shoot, I forgot about school. Do you think I have a lot of makeup work?"

"I'm gonna say it right now: if you aren't quieter on the flight, I may or may not throw you off," Amy warned her, and Stacy quickly shut up. "I'm actually more excited to meet your superhero boyfriend, Isabel."

"Yeah, well, don't burn him the moment you see him," I said nonchalantly, staring at the elevator doors. I followed each of the passing white lights of the floors with my eyes, not really focused on the conversation. After everything I had been through, I didn't want to get my hopes up on seeing Peter and my father again just in case something happened. Call it a fear of karma, or me taking notice of my really bad luck. Stacy snorted.

"Peter Parker is one of the most normal boys I've ever met," she tried to correct Amy. "Sure he has an attendance problem, but I think you probably mean someone-"

"He's Spider-Man," Amy and I both said at once, and the elevator went quiet. It came to a halt when we finally reached the platform a few seconds later, knocking Stacy out of her surprised daze.

"I'm sorry... what?" I couldn't help but laugh, glancing over my shoulder at the girl, who was staring at me in bewilderment. "You're kidding, right?" I didn't respond, and the elevate doors opened, blasting the three of us with wind and blinding me temporarily from the sunlight. "You're not serious?"

"You're going to have to learn a few things now that you're essentially one of us," I explained to Stacy, leading the way to the waiting Quinjet across the tarmac while Amy followed closely behind and spreading her wings to stretch them. "With how you're most likely staying at the compound, there's no reason for him to have his identity secret. As for school, well... you can't go."

"What about my parents?" Stacy questioned. "Can't I see them?" Amy scoffed, causing Stacy to get defensive. "What if they think I'm dead?"

"Them knowing you're alive and well is worse!" she exclaimed, and I stopped so Amy could properly explain. Stacy's hair was still throwing me off, its once dark shade now a startling white that reflected the sunlight. "Hawkes kidnapped you because he knew you were close to Isabel. Your parents are already in danger with you no longer in his grasp. They don't know you're free, so there's no reason for him to take them. The more people who know that you were able to escape, the more questions that pop up, and the more likely he'll speed up his plan because we can get in contact with outside help." The Fire Elemental turned her head to me for validation. "Did I get that right?"