13. Finding Home Sweet Home

"How about that one?" I asked as I laid next to Peter on my bunk. I had my knees bent and my feet pointed in the air, nibbling on a pencil as I scrolled on my . SHIELD had sent me more of my belongings from my room there, including my debit card. Let's just say May received a far amount of money from a certain Tony Stark on how her nephew was doing great job on his 'internship'. I moved my pencil from my mouth and twirled it around with my metal fingers.

"Not that one," Peter remarked. "I've gone around there. Bad neighborhood. Plus, the apartment buildings don't look that stable."

"Okay, Spiderman," I joked. "Not there, and not the last one, or the one before that. I feel like you have one in mind yet you're not telling me where it is." Peter looked guilty. "Called it."

"Okay, maybe I have one," he admitted. "By a really cool deli, and our school is a few blocks away."

"'Our'?" I repeated. I tilted my head and glanced at him. "I don't go to your school."

"You do now," Peter replied smugly before getting a little more serious tone. "Listen, someone will find it a little weird if a teenage girl is wandering around the city during school hours. You need some type of excuse."

"Peter, I obviously can't go full time," I told him. "What if I have to quickly leave off because I get a lead?"

"Then... homeschool!" Peter said excitedly. I guess this was just like Avenger work for him. "I mean, I have a feeling you've learned a lot already from having Tony Stark as your dad. We have a really flexible program for homeschoolers at Midtown."

"You have a good point," I said slowly before responding. "Alright, Parker, you win. Let's go to the apartment." I closed my laptop and tossed Peter his keys. He slid on a backpack, hurried forward and opened up his bedroom door. I slid on a pair of sneakers while he grabbed his phone.

"May!" he yelled in her room's direction. "We'll be out for a bit!"

"Don't buy drugs!" she yelled back, not missing a beat, and Peter turned red. I laughed so hard I doubled over. All it took was a glance at Peter's burning face to get me sent over the edge again.

"G-Glad I amuse you," he mumbled, and I attempted to hold in my laughter. Taking in a breath, I gave Peter a hug.

"I'm sorry," I smiled before letting go. "C'mon, let's go see that apartment."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is huge!" Peter grinned as he voice echoed around the empty apartment. Considering what I assumed from outside the apartment, it was pretty big. "Do you think this is good enough?"

"It'll suffice," I shrugged as I emerged from what I'm guessing was the master bedroom and into the living room. "I think I could fit three others in here."

"The Elementals?" Peter asked in shock. "You want to keep them here?"

"Where did you think I would keep them? A barn?" I answered sarcastically. "And it wouldn't be really keeping them, more like protective... house arrest." Peter let out a chuckle at my wording. "You know when I can get the place?" He rubbed the side of his face.

"I'm a crimefighter, not a realtor," Peter clarified. "I have no clue." I rolled my eyes, and the two of us exited the apartment. "Hey, I'm fifteen! They don't teach that to freshmen."

"Peter, I don't think they teach that to anyone," I said as we entered the elevator. Some type of swanky music started to play. "If I get the place this will be the first thing I complain about."