30. Revenge On The Ravagers

Hey Satan, paid my dues

Playing in a rocking band

Hey mama, look at me

I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!

Highway to Hell by AC/DC (Atlantis Playlist)

 "Hey, Stark, wake up," I heard Rocket order me as I slowly made my way from the Extension. "She's alive, right? " I groggily opened my eyes, and I jumped a little when I saw four faces standing over me: Groot, Rocket, Yondu, and one of the Ravagers who had helped in the mutiny. "Pass out later, we're getting out of here."

"What happened?" I asked slowly, my voice sounding a bit foggy. I guess that was one of the Extension's side effects.

"When we was trying to talk sense into the twig, you started to hover off the ground for a bit," Yondu explained. "Mumbling and junk. Then the diluter charged up and zapped you to the ground." I squinted at the Kree, who proudly had the fin on his head.

"Is that-"

"The prototype fin," Yondu grinned, flashing his disgusting teeth. He suddenly remembered the Ravager beside him. "This here is Kraglin; he helped retrieve it." Kraglin extended a dirty hand, pulling me to my feet and smiling nervously.

"N-nice to officially meet you, Ice Princess," he said with a slight stammer, and I nodded to express the feeling. Rocket rubbed his paws together, an evil grin on his face.

"Now, to more important matters," the raccoon said in a sly tone. "Can I have the password?" I looked at him in confusion when he pulled my phone out of his pocket, covered in cracks and a bit of dirt. I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm guessing you can't get into it," I smirked, crossing my arms and feeling the cool metal rub against my skin.

"Someone changed the password."

"Yeah, but you would think an iPhone is easy to hack."

"I upgraded it, remember? C'mon, I need some tunes while I work." I stopped arguing, my mouth open with no sound coming out. I closed it and gave Rocket a funny look. "Please?" I rolled my eyes, grabbing my phone and typing in my password. I opened up the music application and pointed to the song I thought best.

"Knock yourself out."

____________________________________________________________

"Oh, I missed these," I smiled, twirling two of my throwing knives between my fingers. Kraglin gulped as I tossed them in the air and caught them in my metal hand. I looked at him curiously. "What?"

"Nothing, just... you... uh, get this little glint in your eye when you're about to hit something," Kraglin commented, lifting his head up a little. "I noticed when you mentioned Gavorb in front of Taserface. And when you rescued Twiggy from the circle."

"Is... is that a compliment?" I asked him, now a little confused. Kraglin chuckled, messing with his fingers.

"Just thinking your guy back home has a pretty nice girl," he smiled, and I opened my mouth to retort before he cut me off. "Rocket told me about your predicament." I nodded slowly, glancing down at the ground. "You remind me of Quill when he was younger. He was clever, kind, and a smart-ass when it came to it. You made some good friends."

Our head shot up when we heard the intro chords to Highway To Hell. It was time. I looked over at Kraglin and nudged my head in the direction of the long hallway. "Ready?" I asked him, and Kraglin gave a quick sigh.