4. Somebody That I Used To Know

"Fitz!" I shouted across the tarmac. I winced slightly at all of the commotion from everyone's thoughts before trying to shut them away. He waved me over with a hand, and I jogged over to him. "I'm sorry I wasn't present for long earlier."

"You're fine," he said. "I'm thankful you are feeling better, though. It's taking a lot of self control to not start smashing Hive's crate when he gets here." A few agents ran around us, and a SHIELD plane started to come into view. I quickly tied my hair back with a rubber band to keep it out of my eyes.

"So... I heard Agent Johnson is back," I commented as the plane slowly landed. "Daisy, right?"

"Yeah," Fitz answered, holding a hand over his head to shield his eyes from the sun. "Sometimes, I remember us back when we first were a team. Just Coulson, Jemma, Ward, Daisy, and I. We called her Skye back then."

"A nickname?" I asked.

"Her name at the time. She didn't have a name, due to being an orphan and whatnot. It's damn better than Mary Sue Poots." I winced.

"I just remember being called Isabel, that's it," I shrugged as I watched the field team exit the plane. I almost didn't recognize Lincoln, who was talking to a Hispanic woman. "Be right back."

"Isabel!" Lincoln called me over to him and the woman.

"Lincoln," I greeted back. "Good to see you better." I stuck out a hand to the woman, and she shook it. "Hi, I'm Isabel Stark." As our hands made contact, her thoughts streamed through my brain. I quickly let go.

"Elena Rodriguez," she nodded with a heavy accent. "I've seen you on the news with Captain America."

"The Accords thing messed with my team," I explained. "They... ripped us apart." I turned my head to Lincoln. "So Sparky, have you figured out a nickname yet? Or am I going to ask Mack for one?"

"Bubbles?" Lincoln offered meekly. I chuckled.

"Weak, but it will do," I smiled. I looked at Elena. "I'm guessing you already got a nickname, Yo-Yo. Mack speaks a lot about you." Her face glowed. "What did the Terrigenesis give you?"

"This," she smirked, and she held up the necklace I was wearing. My hand flew up to my neck in astonishment. Lightly grabbing my palm, she dropped the necklace on top.

"Yo-Yo," I thought out loud. "Inhuman speed, no pun intended, and you bounce back to your original position."

"You catch on quick," she smiled, confirming my theory. I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

"Easy, agent." I spun on my feet to see Coulson and a man I guessed to be General Talbot. Coulson coughed. "I have someone for you to meet."

"The vigilante," Talbot greeted. He didn't smile.

"General Talbot," I said back, rubbing my hands together before saying sarcastically, "I don't think I saw you back when I was getting electrocuted."

"No," he said, his eyes shooting daggers at me. He reminded me of a younger Ross. "I had some... more important things to attend to." Sure, I could roll with that. "Phil, you're really gonna protect this kid?" My nostrils flared as I glared at him. I could sense Lincoln and Elena shifting uncomfortably behind me.

"Agent Stark has already been a help to us in her few days here," Coulson said in my defense. "I believe she's an asset to SHIELD."

"Plus," I smirked. "This 'kid' has a lot of power in a lot of places. And money. Loads of it." Talbot huffed and started to walk away without a retort. Coulson winked at me before following behind. Lincoln patted me on the back.