-34-

"So....Isn't this just great..?" Kurenai asked.

The rest of you were silent.

Asuna was rolling another blunt between his lips, Kakashi was (trying) to avoid even being talked to by immersing himself in Icha Icha, as he always did. However it wasn't really working. His eyes were just skimming across the pages not even taking in the words he was seeing. He couldn't even get into the whole point of the book; the erotica.

Meanwhile, there was you, seated right next to him playing with a few grains of salt that you had poured on the table. You unconsciously drew a K into the salt.

"Come on guys! We're adults for crying out loud! Let's have some fun!"

"Being adults is the reason we're depressed, dear." Asuna mumbled.

Kurenai gave him a state down and turned to the side of the booth that you and Kakashi sat in.

"So (Y/N), tell me, how's Zoko?" She asked.

Your heart jumped, but only in surprise.

"Oh...-"

"Hmm?" Kakashi looked up at the mention of the topic.

Now your face was starting to heat in embarrassment.

"We're no longer together..." You said calmly. You were trying to keep your composure, but the problem wasn't the thought of Zoko, it was that you felt self conscious around Kakashi all of a sudden.

"What!? Really!? That jerk! Tell me if you need me to rough him up girl, I'll take him out!" Kurenai's fist tightened.

A chuckle slipped from your lips, "It was a mutual break up, and it happened a bit ago." You smiled fondly. It made you happy to atleast know you two ended things nicely.

"I guess that's good. As long as you're keeping yourself happy. Let me know if you need any company," she put a hand near her mouth and leaned in,

"I can set you up." She winked and leaned back.

"You didn't mention you were lonely, (Y/N)." Kakashi said, looking up.

"I'm not," you laughed, "I have our students, yourself, and Jiraiya to keep me busy."

"Well tell me if you change your mind." Kurenai sipped her drink with a smirk.

"I'm sure she won't get that lonely, Kurenai." Kakashi said.

"At this point, I'm wondering who the real lonely one is." Asuma chuckled.

Kurenai only smiled at him.

You laughed lightly and turned to Kakashi.

"I can't believe I'm asking this but do you have another book?"

"No."

"Then can we read togeth-"

He shook his head.

"No Icha Icha for you."

"Why, because it's erotica and you don't see me as a grown adult, or what?"

His eyes met yours. Silence ensued.

"Hm, I suppose thid you're idea of a joke? The last time you read this book you nearly had a heart palpitation."

You recalled reading the book and blushed.

"Yeah, well, I'm not exactly...Into that stuff-"

"As you shouldn't be." He interjected.

"But anything is better than..." You looked across the table to see Kurenai and Asuma giving each other 'the look'.

"The live version."

The silver haired ninja chuckled.

"I'm honestly happy you're here. Atleast I don't have to endure these two alone."

"Yes but..." You brushed your fingers nimbly through the salt.

"Hm?"

"Don't you kind of..., Well maybe.., um...-" you cleared your throat.

"Don't you wish it was just us?"

His eyes widened in surprise.

"(Y/N)-"

"Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late!"

"Hey, it's Gai." Asuma smirked.

Gai waved enthusiastically as if he wasn't right infront of you.

"Asuma, Kurenai, Rival, and...," He looked at you.

"You must be (Y/N). I've heard all about you already. You're really pretty, quite youthful looking so to speak."

You smiled, giving a polite wave.

"Hello."

"Well Gai, why don't you take a seat already so we can order!" Kurenai said.

"You're right!" He excitedly walked up to your side of the booth.

"Do you mind?"

"Huh?" You gave a confused look.

"I have to sit next to my rival in order to best him in the intake of our dinner."

"Oh-uh.." You hid a disappointed look and stepped out of the booth despite Kakashi's silent protests.

He sat in the booth next to a now annoyed Kakashi and you got into the booth after him.

"Awesome! Now let's order, I'm sure we're gonna have so much fun together!" He threw an arm over Kakashi's shoulder and the other over yours.

"Right?!"

You both looked at each other with silent longing.

"Right..!"

"No...." Kakashi sighed.