-48-

It was day two of your journey and you had woken up to the most pleasant situation you could've been in.

You were in Hatake Kakashi's arms.

His mask was on, much to your dismay, but you still turned to admire the peace filled face of the sleeping Jonin.

White  fell over paled skin. A scar ran down his face to where you knew it almost met his lips...Oh his lips. A beauty you were lucky enough to behold.

Sometimes you were actually glad he wore the mask, because his face was something you felt special enough to have the privilege to see. Not only that, but he was undoubtedly attractive and would be highly more noticeable without the mask on. Already he had women flocking for him, what more if they could see his full face?

His nose contorted a little as he sniffled in his sleep. His eyebrows furrowed as he seemed to be squinting. You always found that little detail cute. It was unfortunate that most of the time when he made that face he was having a nightmare.

Wait...

"Oh Kami!! Kakashi!" You quickly shook his arm, trying to wake him.

He shot up quickly, grabbing your arm.

"What is it! Are the kids okay!?"

"Yes, they're fine...were you....having another nightmare...?"

His heart rate slowed as he looked at you. The air seemed to still in the moment as he recalled the dream he was having; Rin,...One minute his hands..., And then her heart,...And then it was just out.....

"I...." He looked away, but you quickly placed a hand on his cheek, tenderly wiping a stray tear that he didn't even know had begun falling.

A small sigh escaped his lips as he leaned into your touch.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes Kashi?"

"What do you see in me? Seriously. I was hurt by your words when we first met, but you were right, I'm a murderer. I murdered Rin, and I murdered Obito.."

"Kakashi look at me." Your tone was gentle as you chided him, placing your other hand on his other cheek so he would face you.

"You've already told me this story before and you know what I have to say.  I don't think you're a murderer. I think we all make mistakes, and it's nothing to be ashamed of, moreover, you're a ninja, it's in your line of work, even if sometimes things don't go as planned and it turns out to be your friends you're putting a blade to, there's always a reason. I'm no more innocent than you are. I was apart of the Anbu as soon as I hit 18. And you and I both know that no one leaves such an organization with clean hands. But here we are, teaching 3 young kids how to protect their home, helping them and--hopefully inspiring them too-- to become the best people on the planet. So yes, those things happened, but they're in your past, and they don't make YOU who you are. You're not defined by the blood on your hands, only what that blood makes you become afterwards. At least in this line of work."

He exhaled in relief. Feeling peace, feeling the pain slowly drift away like a distant memory as he placed his forehead against yours.

"Im so glad I have you. Your love is like a medicine to me. Im addicted to it, it makes me feel good, and most of all, it cures my pain."

You chuckled softly at his words, leaning in closer.

Before you knew it, he had pulled off his mask and you were in his arms, his lips firmly pressed against yours.

He peppered your lips with sweet kisses and nipped at your bottom lip softly.

You made him so happy, and so complete. His heart skipped a beat when he saw you. For so many years he felt dead but with you,...With the kids, and somehow, even with Jiraiya, he'd begun to feel alive again. To feel a sense of fulfilment he'd never felt.

He caressed your back, lower his hands to your hips to pull you closer and deepen the kiss.

He may not have been one for words, but he hoped that his actions spoke volumes about how he felt in regards to you.

"I love you (Y/N)." His lips met yours again before you could even respond, pulling you into cloud nine all over again.

You could feel your face becoming hot, and your body was not far off from the feeling.

"I-I love you-Mmf- too Kashi." You pulled away to catch your breath for a moment and he did the same, his nose still nuzzling yours lightly.

Your eyes met his, and you were sure he could feel your chest heaving against his just as much as you could probably feel and hear your pounding heart.

Leaning down, you could tell his swollen lips would soon meet yours again, but of course-

"RISE WERE AND SHINE LOVE BIRDS! LETS GET ON THE- Oooh~ okay, oops, Kakashi and (Y/N) babies are in the making, sorry~."

Jiraiya just had to ruin it.

(A/N: Wow...What a peaceful loving chappie....

Hey pushed our exams but they're still within this month so I'm on a tight schedule. Therefore, my words in the previous chapter still stands, if my schedule seems off, or weird, I'm studying😂. Other than that though my loves. Make sure to get alot of rest, eat well, take good, good care of yourselves, and put your Physical, Emotional, and Mental health above everything as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's Physical, Emotional, and Mental health. I love you guys so, so much, you're my internet family and Im always excited to see your sweet comments, especially those of you who have stuck by me  throughout my crazy schedule and busy life. I'm so grateful to you, both new readers and old. Thanks for being my family. Have a good day/night.

-Grandma LB ❤️❤️❤️)