-23-

Your head spun as you laid in bed that night.

The Xi's had claimed they'd only bother to humour you with an explanation in the morning. This worried you.

You were highly confused. Who was Kyungmi? Because it certainly wasn't you. You'd always been (Y/N) (L/N). Hadn't you?

Hadn't you.....?

Your head throbbed as you tried to think farther back into your life. You couldn't remember anything except when the Elders had told you your name.

You assumed this was because your parents were dead and they had found you so they told you the name your parents had already given you.

But you were already 5 by then.

Wouldn't you have known your name by then?

Kyungmi sounded familiar, but it wasn't you. It was another person. Or at least, it felt like it.

What shocked you more was the statement of you being a Uchiha.

You were related to Sasuke? How?

You rolled over and blinked. You wanted to sleep. You just, couldn't.

However, as you exhausted your mind more and more you slowly drifted off to sleep.

~*~

"My Lady, it's time to wake up."

You opened you rubbed your eyes, squinting. Was the maid confused? You were no 'Lady'. At least not in that sense. You had no regal bone in your body.

She held a bunch of material in her hands, which you assumed were clothes, and a brush.

You gawked in confusion as she laid the clothes out.

These were not Ninja clothing. They were Lady clothing. Proper Lady clothing, consisting of fancy kimono robes and some hair accessories.

Oh hell no.

"I believe you have the wrong young lady. I'd never wear that."

"My Master and M'Lady have requested for you to wear this specifically." She bowed.

You scoffed and got out of bed.

After having a bath, you put your Ninja attire back on, did your hair the way you wanted to, and ignored the maid.

There was no way in hell you'd be caught in heavy traditional wear, it was highly unpleasant.

You found everyone eating breakfast already, and, much to your surprise, the young Lady Xi was quiet, and not next to Kakashi, which, slightly confused you. Then you remembered that they were technically of "different classes". You rolled your eyes and begrudgingly went to take a seat next to Jiraiya.

"Kyungmi. What on earth are you doing?" The elder lady Xi asked.

You stopped, confused. Your 'Name's sounded so foreign to you.

"Sitting down." You said as if it was blatantly obviously.

The younger Lady Xi giggled at you behind an expensive fan as her mother and father's facial expressions contorted in slight disgust.

After examining your attire, they reluctantly allowed you to sit with your comrades instead. You clearly hated following rules.

You would've understood their anger, but they had given your teammates clothing and they were all casual or even Ninja wear. Why had they tried to dress you up!?

You ate silently, ignoring the elephant in the room. Luckily for you, breakfast passed by quickly, and it was initially time for your team to return to the leaf, but-

"Kyungmi-"

"(Y/N)." You corrected.

The Lord of the house resisted the will to roll his eyes.

"Don't you want to hear what we have to say?"

You looked at your team, who was already preparing to head off.

"No, frankly, I think you have the wrong person all together." You said.

His laughter made you uneasy.

"Just hear us out." He smiled.

You looked at Jiraiya and no one else.

"I'll catch up with you all later, don't worry about me."

The white haired Sannin sighed but nodded.

"Alright. Don't do anything I wouldn't." He winked.

You rolled your eyes and turned back but before you could, a hand caught your arm.

"(Y/N), be careful."

Yeah right, like he cared all of a sudden now.

"I will, Kakashi, take care of our students. I'll be back soon." You said, emotionlessly before following the Lord back into the house.

Kakashi watched you go and shook his head solemnly.

"Was this really a good idea?" Jiraiya asked.

"We can't stop her from wanting to discover more about her parents, even if we wanted to. All I know is, we're doing the right thing for now, and if any problem should arise, we'll execute the initial plan."

Naruto slumped. He felt like he was about to burst. It was incredibly hard to ignore you, but he had to do it. For you. You didn't know it yet, but he was just following orders. He felt sad though. You were practically like his parent now, and moreover someone he looked up to. Sure Kakashi could guide him, but he also wanted you to be there. You were supposed to be there when he became Hokage.

He looked back one last time.

He hoped you'd be back soon. Or else he would surely come and get you himself.