-55-

Sweat beaded down his neck. His hands were balled so tightly his knuckles paled. And as Sasuke came to, his eyes were dilated, further proving how much fear he had felt.

The few minutes of sleep he had gotten. Well, atleast, it felt like a few minutes. In reality, however, he had no idea how long it's been.

He wasn't sure he wanted to know.

Assessing his surroundings, he could see that Naruto and Sakura were still out cold, and that he was also chained....to the ceiling!?

The ninja groaned. He knew he would have to think hard about how to wake Naruto and Sakura up and escape.

But before he could even put the hand signs up for a jutsu, his world was drowned out, like he was swimming in darkness and the nightmares started all over again.

He was alone.

He had no one.

Everyone was gone.

Even you.

And the worst part was,

He realized it wasn't even a dream. It was a Genjutsu.

~*~

Panic.

Well that was one way to describe it.

Jiraiya was in utter distress when he didn't find you in your bed. Or the others, for that matter.

He even forgot that he had brought a doctor in all together.

He probably could've asked Sakura for her healing help, but she wasn't around and he needed someone to assess the problem and why you'd gone numb. That's why he'd left for the doctor's.

Only...

Now you were gone.

"(Y/N)!"

"(Y/N) where are you!?"

"Are you pulling my leg? Did you stop feeling numb and regain the feeling in your body?"

He felt his stomach sink more and more as he ventured around the house.

The silence was so loud...

"(Y/N)...?" He spotted something on the floor

Upon closer inspection, he realized it was the pendant he'd given you so that you could summon him when you were in danger.

Even if you had gotten better miraculously or you'd stopped feeling numb, and you'd gotten up or something, he knew you wouldn't carelessly throw or drop his object. You were a "mother" of three kids after all. You were very responsible.

And had you been felling better you would've used the pendant to summon him back because there would be no need for a doctor.

No...

Something was wrong.

His heart rate sped up.

"(Y/N)? I-I promise I'll stop calling you smooth thighs. I realize how uncomfortable that must've made you feel. I'm sorry-just- please stop pranking me now. Please..."

No response....

He walked back to the doctor who looked at him as if he was derailed.

"And where is this patient you spoke of..?"

"I don't know! And that's the problem!"