-38-

Unbeknownst to majority of the population of the leaf, Sasuke Uchiha was a simple soul. He had very few wants and desires.

Although, what is there to desire when you whole family is dead after all?

Or at least, so he thought.

That was, at least, until he met his Sensei.

No, not Kakashi Hatake.

His other Sensei.

(L/N) (Y/N) was her name.

At first he was skeptical, of course.

Like everyone else, his interest in her was minimal. What more was there to know? She was a woman. She was his Sensei, end of story.

Except....

She wasnt.

One afternoon, Sasuke found himself wandering the village in boredom.

It was a typical day.

Well, somewhat typical.

He had the day off from training. Which, unfortunately meant more thinking time for him.

Thinking.

What did Sasuke Uchiha think about?

Training?

Becoming the best Ninja?

Finding his brother?

His family....

That one was a recurring thought in his mind.

Soon he found himself at the training grounds.

He had absentmindedly walked all the way there.

And there he saw her.

His Sensei.

She was practicing what looked to be a water Jutsu.

Before he could say anything, she turned to face him with a smile.

"Ah, Sasuke. I didn't think I'd find you here on a day off."

He was surprised, to say the least. How had she even noticed him there?

Judging by the silence of the, well, ever silent boy, his Sensei gave a friendly smile and gestured for him to take a seat beside her underneath the tree.

"Sasuke. I've always know you to be quite the deep thinker. Or at least, your mind is mainly elsewhere. I understand that you must have a lot to think about. After all, you're only a teenager but you have so many duties and responsibilities, and to top it all off, you lack the presence of your parents."

His head shot up when she had said those words.

How did she know?

"I myself had my share of being lost in
Thought. Don't we all? At your age, I didn't handle it as maturely as you do though. I still wondered about my parents. Who were they? What clan was I supposed to belong to? Who was I? My curiosity quickly turned to anger with my lack of identity, and I rebelled. I did my share of crazy things, trust me. I'm pretty sure if it werent for my best friend, I wouldn't be where I am. He helped me get back on the right course."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing!

The woman before him was someone who he'd seen as poised, calm, collected, and one of the few intelligent people on the team.

It surprised him go hear that she had once gone through a rebel phase.

She smiled fondly, as if falling into a world of Nostalgia.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I'm even telling you all of this. It's only because I want you to know you're not alone. The weight of the world is impossibly hard to face alone. Not only that but if you don't have some way of releasing all of the stress caused by your thoughts in a positive way, you might find yourself becoming reckless. With that being said, I just wanted to let you know I'm here for you. And even if you won't talk to me, I hope you'll at least find someone you can confide in."

She turned to smile at him.

He couldn't believe it. The feeling in his chest.

Happiness? Security? Comfort?

After that, he grew closer to her. He placed his trust in her.

He realized pretty quickly that she was the person. The person he could confide in.

For the first time in a long time, he felt a warmth in his heart.

He was happy.

And then he found out she was a Uchiha.

They were related! She truly was his family.

He remembered the day after she had finally come home, come back.

He remembered asking her if he could stay with her. He was nervous, albeit, scares even.

He still had family, but what if that family rejected him?

But she welcomed him open arms, as she always did.

He didn't know their direct relationship.

Cousins? Aunt and Nephew? Grandma and Grandson(Although that one was quite questionable)?

But as time went on, none of those titles seemed like the right fit at all.

They trained together, she cooked for him, they went shopping together and she always insisted on buying him new clothes, said ninja clothing could get destroyed all the time, and she was right, of course.

She held him when he was afraid, during the few moments in life where his past would haunt him like a nightmare, even though he was wide awake, just trembling in his bed. But she was there, next to him, holding his head against her shoulder, stroking her fingers through his hair and whispering words of comfort.

She was there for him.

When he realized how close she and Kakashi were getting. It scared him.

First her Heartbreak with Yura.

Then the breakup with Zoko.

There was no way he'd let her go through it again. Even if the potential suitor in question was his very own Sensei as well.

He trusted no one with her. His only family.

He would make sure Kakashi was really serious about her, or else he would never let them be together.

After all,

She was his Mom.