Steve | Her Part 5

All these stupid training exercises. Fury was just being plain annoying.

I threw my hand hard against the hologram and it shattered. There. Finally. One hundred.

I looked at him on his high horse in the glass window. I was a soldier, and I would take orders, but this was just plain annoying.

"You're done, soldier," he said through the intercom.

I sighed, going to pack when I noticed my shield missing and an ear piece from none other than Tony Stark. I put it in my ear.

"Thanks for the shield," the recording said. He sounded mad. I wondered why.

I got on my bike and rode back to the tower. The feeling of the wind on my face was very, very nice. I stopped off at the bakery that was almost closed and picked a couple pastries. A strawberry tart caught my eye. Maybe (Y/N) would like it. I bought it, made sure it was nestled into my bike's compartment, and rode off, picking up flowers on the way too. I was thinking of asking her to go for a movie with me. Would she like that?

My palms got sweaty at the thought.

I hadn't exactly asked anyone on a date in over ninety years.

I sighed, continuing my journey.

*****

I got back to a mass brawl and argument between Loki and Tony. Loki was waving around my shield and had projections out whilst Tony had parts of his amour on.

(Y/N) was trying to calm them both down. I yanked her out of there the moment I saw Tony's facial expression snap to one I'd witnessed a lot of the time when he was about to go all out.

Punches flew and she looked at me. "Oh gosh. I'm so sorry, I crushed your flowers," she said, looking at the flowers that blocked closer contact.

Thor held the two apart whilst I shook my head, putting the squished flowers on the bench.

"Are you alright?" I asked. "The flowers don't matter."

She nodded. "They're just being stupid."

I chuckled. "Boys will be boys." Oh gosh. Did that sound too old?

She smiled. "They will be." I couldn't help but notice her eying my paper bag full of pastries.

I held it out for her. "Would you like some? There's a really nice strawberry tart in there."

She took the bag off me, giggling. "Thanks, Steve."

I felt my cheeks burn red as she placed a kiss on them. Her kiss stopped the fight and soon I had two glaring, testosterone fuelled madmen looking at me with eyes dark and filled with hate.

Well crap.

They were about to strike and I quickly grabbed my shield, afraid I'd be killed by either of them.

"Guys, I'm back!" I heard. Phew. Clint was back.

Clint looked at me. "Whoa. What's happening." He looked to (Y/N). "By the way, I need to tell you something - " They both pounced on him.

------------

PLOT TWIST RIGHT PEOPLE?!! Muahahahahahahahaaha ok. Hi. I'm normal :p