Steve (Request) | A Net

"Oh crap," he said. You both looked at each other, doing a quick inventory check. His shield had been compromised after he'd thrown it to hit a tank which had blown it sky high and somewhere into the mountains. You didn't have more than three bullets then one last cartridge.

"Language," you teased.

He rolled his eyes and you grinned.

You heard a rustle and shot. A groan emanated from the bush where you'd heard a thud. "I'm going to grab his ammo," you said, walking in the direction that he'd come in. But that was when you saw at least fifty Hydra soldiers. You left the ammo and turned tail to run. You were good at hand combat, but not as good as some of the others, and you would most definitely not make it against these odds. "Run," you hissed as you grabbed his forearm and pulled him in the opposite direction.

"What did you see?!" he called.

"Sh!" You pulled him down into the entangled roots of an old tree. They ran past and you let out a sigh.

He looked at you, understanding the situation. "We've got to call for backup."

You did and got back an ETA of 10 minutes from Tony who was almost half way around the world. You had no idea how that worked, but you were going to leave the hard math and science to the genius himself.

You climbed out of the roots that had offered you shelter, Steve behind you.

"Ok. Where to?" you asked.

"The rendezvous point," he said, sighing and beginning to walk. "We have to wait for Tony first before we go and do anything. I should probably buzz him to get my shield, huh." As he did that, the both of you continued your walk.

"So..." you said as the silence became awkward. "How was your week?"

Steve shrugged. "Not bad. And you?"

"Not bad either."

"You did a good training session with Clint."

"Yep. I have the bruises to prove it."

He chuckled. "Who asked you to spar with him?"

You rolled your eyes. "Me, I gues - " The word stopped as you felt weightlessness and watched as the ground moved further away from you as you moved closer to the tree tops. It took a couple seconds to register why your foot was up near Steve's head, and when you finally got it, you found yourself unable to move it.

"Sorry," you grunted, trying your best to move. The net was small and cramped and the heavy breathing was setting in. Stupid claustrophobia.

You'd had it ever since you were five and had accidentally pulled too hard on your wardrobe doors, causing a cave in, leaving you trapped under it. Since then, tight spaces and dark tight spaces were a no no.

"Breathe," he said. You realised that you'd been holding your breath and shut your eyes to control your breathing. Did you mention that heights weren't a good thing either?

"I'm gonna die up here," was all you could think or say, unable to laugh at the fact that your leg was still stuck up near his face and he looked funny from this angle.

He took your hand. "You're not going to die. Breathe."

"I can't! Help I can't breathe!"

He squeezed your hand hard and you yelped in pain. It worked though and you found yourself distracted, cradling your hand. "If you can talk, you can breathe," he said, reassuring you in his Steve like manner.

You took in long breaths, knowing that the next eight minutes until Tony came would be hell.

Steve sighed. "Talk to me."

"About what?"

"About anything."

"Like what?"

"Like... What you like about being in a forest."

You thought about it for a second. "I like green and brown, and how it reminds me of monkeys and birds. And vacation! Definitely not like this! Being trapped in a net! I can't move! And breathe and - !"

His lips touched yours before he pulled back, looking at you with wide eyes. You stared back at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"Calm down," he said.

You let out a breath, feeling the same calm that he kept talking about. "I liked that," you admitted.

He smiled. "Uh, so did, um, I." And there was shy Steve, blushing.

You laughed. Maybe being in a net with him wasn't so bad.

This was probably the only good thing to ever come from Hydra.

-----

Guys, just as a note, please don't criticise other's ideas.