Steve (Request) | Blame

For PurplePenguinWriter :)

"Um no," you told him, pushing him away. Steve wasn't so good at understanding the 'don't kiss in bad guy territory because you're supposed to be on the opposite teams'.

"What? Nothing? Really?" he whined, only joking around with you.

You nodded. You had him handcuffed to a metal pole in the basement of the HQ of the baddies. To be honest, you hadn't taken this mission as seriously as Fury thought you had, mostly because of Steve.

"Now shut up and groan."

He raised an eyebrow. "Those are two conflicting - "

You actually hit him, giving his solar plexus a run for his money. The air rushed out of his lungs and he found himself very slightly winded. You sighed. "Next time, shut up when I tell you to, boy."

He scoffed. "You've changed."

You let out a laugh. "Ok. Seriously. You're going to make us break cover," you whispered so he guards outside wouldn't be able to hear.

He nodded. "So when we get back you'll kiss me?"

You let out another laugh. "Um... No."

*****

"(Y/N)," Steve said as he came out of the basement looking rather bloody and bruised. You knew it was a bunch of blood pills and some astoundingly good Stark Tech.

You took a look at him. "Welcome back."

He grinned and you watched as the bruises faded a little before returning. "Don't you think I deserve a kiss now?"

"Want me to wind you again?"

"Oh come on! Give me a break!"

You smirked. "Besides, Nat says you're not a very good kisser."

He huffed. "That bad, huh? Cut me some slack alright? I've been locked away in ice for so long." His arm went around you as he leaned in to kiss you, the both of you still walking him back to his cell.

Then as you walked around the corner, you were met by the barrel of a gun, pointed right at you.

You looked to Steve, pushing him off you. "Well. Good job, Steve. Cover blown," you said, shrugging a little. Then you fought your way through the militia.

-----

"I specifically told you two to lay low!" Fury shouted, the bridge of his nose captured between his index and thumb. "Lay! Low! What do you not understand about those two words?!"

"Sorry," you said, looking down at your feet. Fury was not in a good mood today.

He sighed. "Agent (YLN), get out of here. Rogers, this is on you."

"No!" you said. Crap. Impulsive as always. "I-I- ... It wasn't his fault. It was mine."

Steve's eyes widened. "What?! No! It wasn't!"

You looked straight at Fury. "It was mine. It's my fault."

Fury sighed, looking between the both of us. "(Y/N). You're off the Avengers team."