Loki | Division (Part 2)

You arrived at SHIELD HQ, ready to see the others. You were sure that the only thing you were needed for was training and Tony's obsession with the signal. You wished he would just lay off it, but he was smart and he knew something was there. You hated lying to him.

"Hey," he said as you walked into what you called the common room. It was a room with a round table where you almost felt like you were planning a mastermind level plan when simply seated on one of the chairs that harbored it.

"Hey," you replied, also giving a nod to Bruce who was in the corner acting very normal and making himself a cup of herbal tea. He said it calmed it down a lot, not that he didn't have everything under control thanks to one Black Widow. Speaking of the almost spider, where was she?

She walked in seconds later, frowning. "Tony, energy signal's here somewhere... It keeps reappearing then disappearing."

Tony walked over to her and Bruce followed with his little tea cup that did not match the invincibility of the man. You stood up and walked over to make sure that it looked like you cared about this. "There's nothing," you said, trying to throw them off a bit.

Nat sighed, jabbing you. "Don't you listen? That's because it keeps stopping and starting."

You scoffed. "Whatever."

She looked at you, a little surprised. "I wasn't being serious."

You shook it off. "Doesn't matter. Don't worry."

With that sorted, your attention returned to the monitor. Then all of a sudden, the entire screen turned red. "That was really strong... Or close," Tony said, looking at the three of us suspiciously. He took it off Nat before scanning her. "Nothing." Then Bruce. "Nothing." Then you.

You prayed that it wasn't because you'd been in proximity to him. Then the screen turned red as the he passed your hand. They all stared at you.

"Take your ring off and on the table please." Tony didn't like to be handed things.

You took it off and put it on the table. He scanned it. Red. You grit your teeth. Loki had planned that knowing that you'd get caught and would probably have to tell them that you were with him.

"Who gave that to you?" Tony asked.

"I found it in my jewelry box one day," you said, lying through your teeth. You hoped you sounded believable.

"That ring is emitting the same energy," he said, emphasizing his words to stress the importance to you.

You pulled it off, throwing it. It had to look real. Like you were afraid of it. You jumped back, clinging onto Bruce who stood there, ready to turn if anything happened.

Tony picked up the ring. "Loki. It says Loki on it." He looked to you and you gave him the best shocked look you could manage. And now you had the evidence that it had been boyfriend dearest.

"L-Loki?!" you gasped, walking over to him. Sure enough, it had Loki engraved on it. "But I... I..."

"The energy. It's all connected. He's still checking in on you, (Y/N)." No shit, Sherlock.

You kept the shocked mask on. "What do I do?"

"Give it to me to scan?"

You nodded.

*****

You were pretty grumpy when you got home. Tony had confiscated your ring, you'd been beaten by Clint and Natasha in a ring, and Loki was probably going to be still pissed when you got back. Why did he have to be so good at playing the jealous one? You sighed, unlocking the door and stepping in. You locked it up again.

"Welcome home," you heard. Loki's arms moved to envelop you and you sighed, turning the key to lock the last of three.

"Hi," you replied.

He frowned, tucking a lose strand of your hair back. "Are you alright? How was work?"

You let out a breath, turning to look at him. This was the real him, no illusion. You liked how you knew that. "Work was mean."

He chuckled. "What happened?" He was surprisingly not angry. You thought for a second about how that was possible. A couple options included that he'd killed Tony already whilst you were on your way back, he'd found a new army to lead an invasion to somewhere else, or he'd eaten your entire chocolate stash and was high on endorphins.

You gave him a deadpan look. "You put a ring on my finger, and then laced it with god knows what."

"It wasn't me," he said, trying to play the innocent card. You rolled your eyes, kicking your shoes off and walking further into your house.

"It wasn't me," you mimicked, dumping your bag as well.

Illusion-Loki appeared in front of you, the most innocent look he could pull off smothered all over than handsome face. You walked right through him, punching through the next one to Loki's dismay.

He took a seat at your dining table in the area connected to the kitchen. "You're not in a good mood today," he said, pouting.

"Loki, why would you do that? Why would you try to sabotage everything I've worked for?"

"Why do you stay with them?" he bit back. "What can they give you that I can't? You have my heart, you have my love, you can have anything you see."

"Then give me my team!"

He went silent and you sighed, walking over to him to sit on his lap, your arms wrapped around his neck. "Loki," you said, sighing. "I love you. But I love them too. They're my family."

He nodded. "Ok."

"Ok?"

"Ok."

Then your phone began to ring.

You got up, struggling slightly because he didn't want to let you go, making you laugh. You finally made it out of his clutches and picked up your phone. "Hello?"

"(Y/N), it's Natasha. The ring you gave Tony... It... It exploded."