Clint | One

As requested by Yavanna 80

.

.

OOH ALSO: Let's play find the innuendo :D

.

.

.

.

"I uh, yeah," he admits, watching your reaction. His hand nervously cups the back of his neck as his eyes squint as though they'll cover any of the rejection that might just come from you. "I... I think you're nice. A-And a really good person, and uh... I like you." Flustered Clint is adorable.

.

.

-TWO DAYS AGO-

.

.

"Right," Clint says, standing in front of the group of Avengers. "Who's going to be my back up?"

Immediately all fingers are pointed your way. With this amount of peer pressure, you find it hard to ignore the need to say yes. "I guess I am," he you, cracking him a small smile. You've never worked with him before, mainly because you don't quite like his style. He's all 'kill or be killed' with that bow and arrow. You prefer the idea of 'kill or I'll make sure you're knocked out'.

He smiles back, throwing a quick glance to Natasha who, you're pretty sure, would've been his preferred partner on this mission. Yay Hydra missions. Even in your own mind the sarcasm comes in waterfalls.

"Ok. And so what's happening with everyone else?"

Tony immediately speaks up, taking charge and the spotlight from Clint who moves to join the rest of the group rather subconsciously. "I'm going to go in from the side and drop Brucey down. Then lover girl, you can give him a couple seconds, minutes or hours, depending on who's in there..." He continues on with his plan of action but you zone out, looking over to Clint who seems to also be subconsciously tensing and relaxing his arms. It's a nervous habit you've picked up on.

"You ok?" you whisper.

He looks at you before nodding. "I'm good."

You smile before turning your attention back to Tony as he begins to use his babysitter voice. "Listen, kiddies," he says, "you can talk all you want when you're up there, but down here, I've paid for not only the guns, the planes and the cool outfits, but for your attention as well. Capiche?"

You're giggling as you nod.

You take the first bag you see, knowing that bright blue stripe anywhere. It's been yours since the day you started at SHIELD. The baby knives you started with still lie in the bag, nestled by the longer, heavier, more scary looking ones. Clint laughs at you for bringing them along sometimes, but you ignore him, simply smiling and knowing that with a single hit, his head could be on the floor and his eyes shut in unconsciousness.

"Earpiece check," you hear. It's loud and clear and startles you a little because you know no one is there. You hear a chuckle and look up to see Clint leaning against the inner wall of the jet, the cargo door open. "Gotcha."

You roll your eyes before walking over to him, bag in hand.

"Right, team," Tony shouts, making you turn around. He looks even shorter from aboard the jet. "Set your watches." You do as he says until he keeps barking orders and no one can be bothered to listen.

You turn back to the nose of the jet and press the button that closes the cargo doors, hearing Clint's chuckle both in your ear and through the air. He seats himself in the co-pilot seat.