Clint | The Alleyway Part 1

Oops. Sorry. I completely forgot to put in Clint in the last round!! So here's the request by @Horseriding2014 !! Apology fish? 🐠 (I think I'm addicted to emoji. Anyways...) also, anywhere you see the name Beth, replace it with your name :)

Beth sat in an old school diner with one of those classic strawberry milkshakes in front of her. She sipped it a few times before her 'boyfriend' came back. He was... Interesting. He had a string of tattoos up and down his arm with all the names of his past girlfriends tattooed on the back of his neck. Beth's was about to be up there soon. Ricky wasn't quite her taste. He had been before he started up with all the drug business, and the occasional gamble. He'd gambled almost everything he owned away and all that was left was whatever was on him. He was in some deep double, that man.

"Hey... So like... Do you wanna order?" he asked, completely and utterly stoned. He'd moved past heightened senses into a monotonous with-a-little-swing mode.

"What did you smoke?" she sighed.

"Nothing. You told me not to... So I didn't..." His voice crawled out longer than he thought it did and due to its perseverance in moving air molecules, it annoyed her just that little bit more.

She sighed. How'd he end up like this? "You're obviously on something."

He began to laugh but it just sounded wrong. There was nothing normal about the way Ricky laughed. It was not only in a monotone voice, but it also sounded extremely forced, like someone was punching him in the gut for it. Then he ended up wheezing and coughing. "It's a... A... A needle, Beth... Wow, Beth. I like that name. Beth..." He seemed to ponder on that for a while.

She gave up. "Look, Ricky. We're over."

"Why, babe? Come on. I was only playing around a little more. I promise I won't do it again."

"And you've said that each time for the last couple months. I'm sick of it!" It hurt her to see him like this, but she was better than this. She was on her gap year to get some funds for university, and she didn't need drugs crawling into her life and turning her into... Well, into Ricky.

She shuddered. "I'm leaving."

Then she got up, took her coat, threw a five dollar bill on the table and left for the last time. She wouldn't be seeing his sorry ass anymore. She knew she could do whatever she put her heart to, and if he was going to stop her, the he'd just have to be ditched.

She put on her coat the moment it began to get chilly. It was dark outside, the quiet streets looking slightly eerie. She powered on home, home was only a couple blocks anyways. It wasn't like she was needed before a curfew anymore, she'd made sure that it was gone the moment she left high school, curfews were a thing of the past.

She sighed. At least the quiet out here was nice in comparison to the constant drone of Ricky's voice.

She felt a pull and almost tripped, blaming herself and her new shoes. She grit her teeth. Her palms were grazed, her knees were grazed and she was probably flashing the street. Alley way ground was always slightly more rough than the pavement. She heard a click.

She looked up and her eyes widened. Pointed right at her head was a gun. She gulped.

"You Beth?" the man asked.

His two friends stood beside him, one holding a bat, and the other holding a knife. Beth wasn't sure what to do.

"Are you Beth?!" he shouted.

She began to shake. "Yes... I-I'm Beth."

"You know Ricky?"

Her eyes widen. "Yeah... He's my ex-boyfriend."

The man chuckled. "Well this just gets better and betters. Grab her boys."

Each one grabbed an arm and they dragged her behind the bins.

"What do you want from me?!" she screamed as they set her down on the ground. The pungent smell of garbage made her nose scrunch up.

"See, the thing is, Ricky borrowed some money from my boss. And it's pay up time. We know Ricky can't pay, so you're the next best thing."

Beth stared. "How much does he owe?"

"Eh... Fifty thousand, give or take."

Her eyes widened and her jaw fell. "Fifty thousand dollars?! What's he been doing?!"

"Coke, weed, LSD... You name it he's probably done it. The kid's hooked. Stupid kid. Anyways, that's beside the subject. You need to pay up either with the cash, or your life."

"What, now?!"

"Well." A boot met her stomach and she doubled over, groaning. That same boot met her side and she fell to the ground, her head landing in a puddle of what did not seem cleanly. She rolled onto her back, eyes closed and lungs struggling to contain the pain.

"I don't... I don't have fifty grand!"

"Then we'll settle for the life."

She opened her eyes and a fist met her face. That was going to bruise. Her head was swimming in pain now. Another punch to her face and she figured that she had a broken nose. Blood leaked down her throat and she tasted some of it, the salt and the metal.

"Please! I could find it! Stop! Please - " Her please were ignored and her back hit something sharp. She felt something warm seeping from her back.

"Stupid, Beth," he muttered. She heard the gun click, but it never went off. The man who'd been holding the gun fell in front of her, spitting up blood. The puddle turned to blood.

"Hey... You ok?" she heard. She began slipping out of consciousness. "Oh gosh. I've got you." She felt weightlessness before she blacked out completely.

-------------

This will have another part right up maybe sometime today in the afternoon to make up for missing a Clint story :O
So yeah! Tell me what you think so far! Is it better as 'You run....' or the way it is as 'Beth runs...' 😊
Also, I'm gonna start giving the chapters titles because I feel like it's confusing to just read names. So if you have any suggestions for titles, lemme know in the comments of those chapters !! :))