Clint | Recruit

He took big, sloppy bite out of the burger he'd taken out of the paper bag next to him. You took a look at the box in your hands that contained one just like that. That little barrier of a lack of trust was separating you from your first proper meal of the day in a week.

"Oh come on. What'cha think I did? Poison it?"

You gulped.

He stopped chewing and swallowed. "Oh. I see. If it makes you feel any better, you can have mine - "

"What are you doing here?" you asked. "Honestly. What are you doing here? I know it's not to bring me food. Why show up?" You passed the box to him. He opened it and the smell wafted to you, enticing your hunger.

"Are you sure you don't want any - "

"Clint."

He sighed. "Alright, alright..." He adjusted himself so that he took up most of your field of vision. "You're not guilty and I know it. You've done a lot of bad things," you gave him a look, "but not this."

You let that sink in for a second. He thought you were innocent? "So you bring me food?"

"No. I bring you an opportunity."

From his shoulder bag, he pulled out a folder and held it out, but as you reached to take it, he pulled it away.

"Uh," he said. "If you choose this, your criminal past, everything about you, gone. If you don't, and you speak of this, SHIELD will come after you."

You nodded. "Ok. I won't tell anyone."

He handed you the file and you read it. Simply, it was a form to become an agent for SHIELD. Something about how good you evaded the law gave them hope in you. Strange... But pretty cool. Those skills finally paid off.

You looked to Clint. "Are you lying to me right now? Because if you are, I swear to god that I'll find that gun that everyone keeps saying I have, and what happens next won't be pretty."

Now it was his turn to gulp. "Well... I'm not." He handed you a pen, all jokes aside. "Sign in."

You chewed on your lower lip before deciding it was right. And that's how you came to be in the Avengers.

-----

Sorry I've been away for ages. I have just finished my exams!!! Literally 2 hours ago I finished my last one. So tadaaaaa :)