Loki | You and Me.

You were very excited to see him. You hadn't seen him in months and whilst you were always entertained by Thor, it was Loki that you'd always wanted more.

You smiled as you went around your apartment, moving things and making he environment look a little more orderly.

It was only five more minutes until he was supposed to appear and you were extremely excited, nervous, scared, happy... A blur or emotions were calling you home.

Should you wait inside? Or down stairs? Or orchestrate a perfect bumping into?

You decided on the latter, grabbing your keys and wallet and deciding that a trip to the flower shop would be alright and would match up perfectly with his arrival as you could see the entrance to your apartment block from the florist.

You ran down the steps, making your way hastily to the pretty flowers that stood in rather ugly baskets. You wondered why they always seemed to do that. The buckets were dirt rubbed, grimy and wet, but there the beautiful flowers stood.

You went inside, peering through the glass windows every couple seconds to see if he'd arrived yet.

You felt bad that you didn't return Thor's feelings, but your mother had always told you to follow your heart and here you were.

You looked down to see a bouquet of beautiful bright yellow daisies with orange lilies and green stems to break up the brightness. You picked it up seeing the $10 price tag, cheap for such beautiful flowers.

You smiled to yourself, breathing them in.

You heard two men walk in, chuckling with each other as they began talking about someone they seemed to both know.

You went to the back of the shop to pay for the flower, standing in the queue of at least seven people.

"Yeah. And she thinks I love her," one said before laughing and making sick noises. "As if I'd love her. She's so gullible and stupid."

The other began laughing as well. "Well I'm late to go and meet her, but she's not gonna mind." He paused. "Why do I even need to get flowers anyway? She's not pretty enough for them."

They both began laughing. You were pretty unimpressed at their lack of respect for whoever it was they were talking about. Poor girl.

"And like damn. She wants to go to see a movie tonight. And it's a chic flick. I mean, hey. Chick flicks aren't bad, it's just, watching them in addition to seeing it with her!" He laughed.

You turned around, about to tell them off when you saw who it was.

You bit the inside of your cheeks as a way to stay silent. They were behind a stand full of flowers and had no clue you were there. You'd had no clue that they'd known each other.

"I mean really. Did Sif really have to give us such a stupid dare?" Thor asked, laughing. "(Y/N)'s stupid. The hundred dollars I'll get when I finally score with her is definitely not worth my time."

Loki laughed along. "I'm just doing this to see her face when I leave her in the morning because I'm the one who's going to win this, clearly. She likes me better."

Thor scoffed and you heard he rustle of the wrapping plastic. "No way. No one can resist these washboard abs. Not even her. - or should I say, especially not her."

They had another good laugh at that whilst you simply stood there.

"Ma'am?" the florist asked.

You looked up to her before your vision started to become blurry from the tears that had welled. "I - I'm sorry. I - "

"Oh shit."

You turned back to see them there, flowers in both their hands. You nodded, gritting your teeth then pursing your lips. "So it was just a bet?" you demanded. They stood silent. You put the flowers into the nearest bucket you saw. "Go rot in hell." Then you turned on your heel and left.