Chapter 21

It's been two weeks since we came back from our hometown and tomorrow they're announcing our Entrance results and I'm so nervous I don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't make it to medical school. Right now I'm in my room alone overthinking about my results and having all unnecessary thoughts. My phone rang and I saw the caller ID which displayed Zain's name. I picked it up immediately.

"Assalamualaikum! What are you doing right now?" He asked.

"Walaekum assalam! Just sitting alone in my room" I answered.

"Come out let's go to meet Bella and Peter" he said.

"I don't remember if we had anything planned," I said in confusion.

"No, that was not planned. I just called them to meet and they're free so they're coming and I know you also don't have anything else to do so come out I'm waiting in your living room" he said.

"Give me five minutes I'm coming" I said and went to my wardrobe to grab some warm dress and a hijab. After changing into a fresh pair of baggy sweater and pants I folded my hijab over my head and went downstairs and saw Zain sitting on the sofa of the living room with Munif.

"Hey! Zain let's go" I said.

"Yes," Zain said and got up.

"Munif make sure to lock the house and don't go out mom will be there in anytime I had already texted her that I'm going somewhere" I said.

"Yeah guys go and have fun" Munif said lazily.

We got out of the house and started walking side by side.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Peter knew a place, which is far away from here, we have to take the bus, so right now we're going to the Bus Stop," Zain answered.

"Okay" I said and we got to the bus stop. It didn't take a while for the bus to get there. We got into a bus which is not crowded so we got two seats easily and we sat on it.

After a while when the bus reached our destination Zain told me to get up and when I did we went out of the bus and went to the restaurant with the help of Google Maps. Where we took our seats which were already booked by Peter.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"They have their college classes so they're going to be a bit late," Zain said. Bella and Peter have already started their colleges since they're doing bachelor's degrees in Science.

After a while they came and said 'Hi' to us loudly and Bella came and hugged me very tight and Peter hugged Zain and they took their seats.

"So how's your College going?" I asked.

"Not as I expected" Bella exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked.

"I expected that we were going to have fun there. College is supposed to be fun right but no, there's no fun there without you guys and most importantly Peter and I have different classes" Bella said sadly.

"Yes we have different majors so we have to attend different classes we only meet in some general classes which is only one or two in a week" Peter said.

"Oh that's so sad" I said. 

"You guys should hang out after college or during break time," Zain suggested.

"Yes that's what we are doing" Bella said.

"How does it feel learning chemistry? Your major subject is chemistry right?" Zain asked Bella.

"That's so tough the syllabus is so vast and they're giving so much assignments to do" Bella said.

"What about your Peter? You have a Zoology major right?" I asked.

"That's fun to learn. I've always been a fan of the zoology part in biology. Yes it's tough but I'm having fun learning it" Peter exclaimed happily.

"Just because Peter is happy I'm doing this bachelor's degree in chemistry otherwise I could've dropped out from the college" Bella said.

"What you're not happy with chemistry major" Peter said.

"I do like chemistry but it's just so tough I don't know if I will be able to complete college in one go" Bella said.

"Yah don't say like that I know you will be able to make it" I said.

"And don't be silly and say things about dropping out of college," Zain said.

"I'm sorry I didn't know that you're doing this only because of me" Peter said.

"Well I'm doing not it only because of you. It's also my dream to become a chemistry professor" Bella said.

"Let's order our food shall we?" I said.

"Yes, let's order" they all said in unison. And then we ordered our food. It didn't take too long for our food to arrive.

"Mhmm the food is delicious" I said munching my food.

"And you're eating like a cow" Bella said.

"I don't know I'm having a big appetite nowadays maybe because I'm nervous" I answered.

"Hey don't be nervous I know you're going to make it to Med school both of you are going to make it" Peter said.

"I hope so," I said.

We finished our food and paid the bills.

"All the best guys for tomorrow," Bella said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Thanks," Zain replied.

"Best of luck" Peter said and we thanked him in unison.

And after bidding their goodbyes they went to their home Peter is going to drop Bella first and then he is going to his own house. And I'm headed to the bus stop with Zain. Just when we arrived at the bus stop there was already a bus standing and we got up on it hurriedly. We got two seats and sat next to each other.

"Zain you still haven't answered my question" I said, averting my gaze from outside to Zain.

"What question?" Zain asked.

"Why do you want to become a doctor?" I asked.

"I've already told you that you're going to know soon," he answered.

"Why are you keeping it a secret, at least tell me I'm not going to tell this to anyone, trust me I'm a good secret keeper" I said.

"Please understand, I promise you will be the first one to know that but you have to wait" he said.

"Fine" I said and the bus stopped at the bus stop where we had to get off.

After getting off to the bus we went to our respective home.

__________

A/N: Ramadan Mubarak everyone. How's your Ramadan going?
Covid cases are increasing and virus has mutated itself so vaccination is also not doing any justice. You should wear mask and avoid going out unnecessarily. As you all know prevention is better than cure. Stay home and stay safe.

👇Vote and comment 👇