Chapter 1

"Mary, come down, we are going for dinner at Aunt Fatima's house" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"No mom, I'm not coming, you guys go and have fun" I yelled back.

"Come with us or forget your pocket money this week" She threatened me.

Now that she dragged my pocket money then I have to go there and not to mention it's a feast so I think I will get delicious foods to eat there since I'm a foodie person...

After wearing a cute and comfy dress and folding my hijab over my head, I went downstairs and saw my mom and dad, they were also ready and my brother came to me riding on his skateboard.

"Hey I thought you were not coming with us to your enemy's house," my brother said in a mocking tone.

"I don't want to go there but mom is forcing me" I replied annoyingly.

Hey, I am Maryam. I am currently living with my parents and my younger brother right now. But I used to live with my grandmother in another city. After her death last month, I came back here to my parents. I'm a simple girl who doesn't like to socialize with people but I like being with friendly people. I'm good at studying. I love my brother very much. He is a little bit annoying but still, I love him.

At Aunt Fatima's house:
"ASSALAMOALAIKUM," we all said in unison.

"WALAEKUM ASSALAM" they greet us back.

They have a bigger house than us. I don't know how many rooms there are in total since it's a two-story house. After getting there we sat on the couch in their living room.

Today is 31st December and it's a New Year's Eve dinner. We all sat on the couch in their living room and everyone started talking to each other and I was left alone on the corner of a couch.

Aunt Fatima and Uncle Adnan are my mom and dad's friends. And they have a son, his name is Zain. I hate him so much. As my mom says When we were young and he was living in the same city where I have been living with my grandma, we used to be good friends but I don't remember anything about us being friends and him living there. After my parents came here, I started hating him because I've always been compared to him in terms of good grades. It doesn't mean that I'm a bad student but I always get just a little bit lower grades than him. The difference between our percentages is just 9 to 10%. Whenever my parents used to call me, they always drag him and his percentage rather than talking about me and my health. He doesn't know that I hate him so much. Only me and my brother know it and he is a good friend of his.

"Mom we are going to Zain's room to play video games" my brother Munif said and went to his room. And here I am stuck in between elders.

"Hey! How have you been all along? You were just eight years old when I last saw you and now you've become a beautiful teenager" Aunt Fatima complimented me after approaching me when she saw me sitting alone.

"I'm fine aunt... What about you!?" I replied. "I'm good," she said smiling widely. 'She is beautiful' I thought to myself.

She had clear skin, big almond eyes, and a pointed nose and she had a sweet voice. Well, I don't know how long her hair is because her hair is covered with a hijab.

"Why are you here sitting alone, go to Zain's room and play with them," she said.

"No aunty, I'm alright, I love being alone," I replied without any hesitation.

"But it's not good being alone, sometimes it's good to spend time with people," she said in a little worried tone. "By the way you are joining Zain and Munif in school next week right!?" She asked

"Yes," I answered.

"You and Zain are both in the same class right!? That means you guys are attending the same class!?" She spoke.

"Not sure, maybe we have to attend different sections" I answered. I wish I didn't have to attend the same class as him.

After a little conversation, mom and aunt went to the kitchen to bring food. My mom is behaving like it's her own house well not to mention they are not just best friends but they are like sisters and my dad and uncle Adnan are like brothers. In addition, they are business partners. My dad and uncle Adnan own a garment business while my mom and Aunt Fatima own a boutique because they both are fashion designers.

"Mary, go and call the boys to come into the living room" my mom ordered as Aunt Fatima placed different kinds of snacks on the tea table.

"Yes," I replied and went to the room where I saw them going.

"Munif, mom, and aunty are calling both of you," I said and went out in hurry. He has a big and beautiful room full of books and gadgets.

After snacks, we went to their garden and there were a lot of beautiful plants. I'm in love with their garden because I'm a big plant lover.
When I was living with my grandma, we used to grow a lot of plants in our garden but in my parents' house, there are no plants but a lot of grass in the garden.
Mom, dad, uncle, and aunty are talking while the boys are playing football. And here I'm busy taking pictures of plants.

 And here I'm busy taking pictures of plants

Here's a picture of a plant that I took.

A few hours later:

It was time for dinner and aunt and mom went inside after setting the table they called us inside.

"So, Maryam, how are your studies going?" Uncle Adnan asked.

"Just preparing for the final year of school" I answered.

"So, you guys are going to attend the same school, right? I hope you guys will help each other" He said full of energy "fighting" he added.

"Yes, uncle, thank you" I replied.

After dinner, we went outside and watched firecrackers and wished each other a happy new year.

"Happy New Year," Zain said to me "Happy New Year" I answered not showing any interest.

And after bidding our goodbyes we came back to our house.

-------------------------------
A/N: I haven't written a specific name of the city where Maryam used to live or she is living right now so you people have to assume the city name yourself.

I HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE LOVING IT. THERE IS A LOT MORE TO COME SO STAY TUNED AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. IT WILL ENCOURAGE ME TO WRITE GOOD CHAPTERS.
THANK YOU.
👇VOTE😇