Chapter 48

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!
Since I will not be able to publish the Chapter on this Wednesday due to my exams. So I'm making up to you all today with this Chapter.

Enjoy.
Happy reading.

*****

Bella took me to his room. We went inside and the room was decorated with candles and flowers. At the centre of the bed they had made a heart shape with rose petals and 'Happy Wedding' was written on the floor with rose Petals beautifully.

She sat me down at one side of the bed. And took my hand in her.

"Look Maryam I know it will be awkward at some point and I know that Zain will understand you but try to understand him too and don't push him away, I know he will wait for you the whole life but don't take too much time Maryam, he has some rights on you now, he is your husband, Don't keep him away from his rights for too long" she said with a calm voice.

"I will try," I replied.

"Now wait for Zain, he will be there at any moment" she said and left the room, leaving me alone.

Oh no! Zain will be here at any moment.

Why am I feeling nervous? I've known him for so long.

What's with all this nervousness?

Oh no! I have to live with him in this room.

We will be sharing the same room.

I've never shared a room with anyone. And he is a guy.

But he is my halal. It's not haram to share a room with your husband.

All those weird thoughts were going on inside my head when I heard the room door unlocked. And there came Zain with a food trolley. It was almost dinner time. Guess what, I'm hungry but I've forgotten my hunger because of this nervousness.

"You must be hungry," he said, pushing the trolley inside the room.

"Uh yes" I said.

He put the food trolley beside the tea table which was in front of the couch that was placed at the side of the room. The tea table was filled with some candles. Then he arranged all the plates on it.

"Come let's have dinner," he said.

Then I awkwardly stood up from the bed and trailed towards the couch I sat on. Then Zain sat beside me. We started eating our dinner quietly. I've never had this quiet dinner with Zain. It's so awkward. It's not my first time having dinner together with him but it's different this time.

"It's like a candle light dinner," Zain said, munching the food.

"Yes," I said.

When we were finished I got up from the couch but Zain stopped me by holding my wrist. Then he gestured to me to sit down. I sat beside him.

"Look Maryam I understand that it's all so uncomfortable for you, it's new for me too. I think instead of standing still and making no efforts we should take baby steps in our relationship" he said and I nodded.

He understands me so well.

I'm glad that I'm married to the guy who understands me more than anyone.

Then he took my palm in his hand and said "my name is already written in your henna but I will make sure to write my name permanently in your heart too" he said and kissed my palm where his name was written.