Chapter 46

I went downstairs escorted by Munif where all of my cousins, Aunts, Uncles along with my parents and Imam were seated. Aunt Fatima and Uncle Adnaan were also there along with Peter and Asher.

Munif led me to the couch and I sat on it. Mom and Aunt Fatima both sat on each side beside me.

"Assalamualaikum" I said to everyone and they all replied with "walaekum assalam" and smiled at me.

Then everyone went silent when the Imam proceeded to the Nikah.

"Are you ready Maryam?" Imam asked and I nodded.

And at that time I was a nervous wreck. I was shaking my legs out of nervousness too much and Bella, who was standing behind my couch, pressed my arms to comfort me. Noticing my state and nervousness, Aunt Fatima placed her hand over my palm.

Am I really getting married?

Should I back out?

No! No, it's too late to back out!

No, I can't do this.

But Zain is waiting for me. He wants me. I have to understand him.

It's for the sake of Allah I have to do this.

For my parents.

For Zain.

"Do you Maryam Sheikh daughter of Asim Sheikh accept Zain Khan son of Adnaan Khan as your lawful husband with five lakhs as Mehr?" Imam asked.

I was silent and I was unable to utter anything. How can I utter a word when I'm this nervous.

"Maryam stop thinking and say your answer for the sake of Allah" mom whispered from beside me.

I closed my eyes and all the good moments that I've spent with Zain rewind. And one voice I heard was 'say yes' and it was the voice of my heart.

I opened my eyes.

And said "I DO"

"Do you Maryam Sheikh daughter of Asim Sheikh accept Zain Khan son of Adnaan Khan as your lawful husband with five lakhs as Mehr?" Imam asked again.

"I DO" this time I answered confidently.

"Do you Maryam Sheikh daughter of Asim Sheikh accept Zain Khan son of Adnaan Khan as your lawful husband with five lakhs as Mehr?" Imam asked for the last time.

"Alhamdulillah! I DO" I said.

At that time my tears were falling freely which I didn't even notice. Everyone started saying Alhamdulillah, Ma Sha Allah and Allah Hu Akbar. Then I signed the marriage registration with a shaky hand after blinking my tears from my eyes. Then mom and Aunt Fatima squeezed me from both sides in a hug. Mom was stifling her tears. Dad came forward and hugged me with tear filled eyes, he was on the verge of crying but he had to stand strong. Munif hugged me and congratulated me, while I was in his embrace I felt his chest vibrate which indicated that he was crying. Then Bella hugged me and all my cousins and aunts congratulated me with hugs.