Chapter 10

Today I woke up with a bad headache since I didn't have a good amount of sleep last night. I barely slept for an hour due to nervousness because today is our result day. Now I have to wake up since it's Fajr time. After performing Fajr Salah I left my room and went to the kitchen to help my mom prepare breakfast. Actually I have to keep my mind off from the thought of results. I know I did my best in the exam but I'm nervous because I'm eager to get equal grades as Zain so that my dad won't yell at me.

"Mom, let me help you," I said after entering the kitchen.

"You don't need to do that, go and get ready for school," my mom said.

"I still have a lot of time left," I said.

"Okay then mix this" my mom said and handed me a bowl full of a liquid substance. It looks like my mom is making pancakes for breakfast.

"Mom, is it for pancakes?" I said and started mixing with a spatula.

"Yes and don't think a lot about your results. I know you are going to get good grades," my mom said.

"What if I don't get good grades?" I said.

"It's not possible, you've worked so hard for your exams and I know you can do it" my mom answered and I just nodded with a pouting face.

"Mom I'm going to make chocolate milkshakes for Munif and myself" I said "do you and dad want some?" I added.

"Yes, make one for us too," my mom said with a smile on her face and I took all the ingredients from the fridge and started preparing milkshake.

After preparing the milkshake I poured it into four glasses and decorated them with chocolates on top.

"What are you going to do with the leftover milkshake?" my mom said.

"Oh mom I had intentionally made more Milkshakes. I'm going to take it to school," I answered and my mom nodded.

After breakfast my parents and Munif wished me good luck and my dad went to office and Munif left for school since it's our final year's result day so our school had called us at eight'o'clock so I'm going to school late.

I got ready for school by wearing my uniform and covering my hair by hijab. Then I left my house. When I went outside I saw Zain on his bicycle and I waved at him.

"You came on time, I just got here," Zain said smiling.

"You don't have to wait for me... You came the opposite way to pick me?" I said and handed him the bottle of milkshake which I packed for him.

"I thought you would be nervous. I just want you to feel comfortable so I came here to pick you up... By the way what is this?" Zain said, taking the bottle from me.

"Oh thank you and it's chocolate milkshake for you so that you can feel good after drinking it" I said after getting my bicycle from my lawn we headed towards our school.

"Hey aren't you nervous?" I questioned.

"A little bit," Zain answered.

"Don't worry you are going to do great as always" I said.

"You don't need to worry, let's go," he said Speeding up his bicycle.

"Yah! Wait for me" I yelled from the back but he didn't slow down so I also sped up my bicycle and after some time we entered our school's front gate and parked our cycle and went inside where we met a furious couple who were very nervous.

"Hey Maryam Zain" Bella yelled, ran towards me and hugged me.

"Hey," Peter said to both of us.