Chapter 36

The next morning I decided to tell Bella about the news but I dropped the idea of disturbing them on their honeymoon. I can always tell them when they come back.

But I want to talk about it to someone.

Zain! I should tell him first. After all, he is my best friend and he deserves to get the news first.

I'm getting ready to go to the hospital. I wore blue jeans and a white t-shirt, a peach coloured cardigan over it. I tied a white coloured crinkled cotton hijab over my head. Putting white sneaker and hanging my bag over my shoulder I was ready to leave. I went downstairs and informed mom that I'm leaving and took my keys. Dad and Munif had already left for their office. Mom is also going to leave in an hour.

I went outside after setting myself in my car. I started the engine and went to the hospital.

________

I came out of the operation room. I was performing a surgery with our chief. I went to our cabin where I met Zain. I haven't met him ever since I entered the hospital since he was busy in the operating room performing a surgery.

"Assalamualaikum" Zain said after noticing me in the cabin.

"Walaikum assalam" I answered.

"Are you done with the surgery?" He asked.

"Yes! It's done" I answered and he got up with files in his hand.

"Do you have any more surgeries to attend?" He asked.

"Yes I have a surgery to perform with Dr. Paul but it's after lunch break" I replied.

"I have to talk to you about something really important, let's have lunch together in Al Kareem restaurant" he said.

"Sound's good, I also have some news to give you," I replied.

"See you at lunch break, I'm going to do a round in wards" he replied and left the room.

At the hospital we don't get a lot of time to talk. We do share the same cabin but we don't get time to talk about the outside world, we only talk about surgeries and patient's health. We only get time to talk about other things in our breaktimes.

I attended all the outdoor patients. Did a round in wards and checked the vitals of the patients I was assigned.

It was lunch time so I took my apron off and washed my hands. I went outside the hospital and got to the restaurant which was near the hospital. Zain had already told me that he would be a little late. I got a table for four at the corner of the restaurant where we usually have lunch. We usually had our lunch in the hospital's cafeteria but sometimes we make plans to come here. Zain, Asher and I love spending time here and the food here is also mind-blowing, mostly our lunches went with Zain and Asher's bickering.

After a while Zain came and sat in front of me with a smiling face.

"Have you ordered?" He asked.

"No, I was waiting for you," I replied.

"Okay then let's order" he replied and gestured to a waiter to come and take our order.

"Zain, I'm paying for today's lunch," I said when we were done ordering.

"No, I'm paying," he said.

"No Zain I want to pay," I said.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"Because I want to share some good news with you and to celebrate it I must pay for the lunch" I replied.

"What is the good news?" He asked.