Chapter 40

It's been a month of my engagement and a week is left for my marriage. My parents somehow made me agree to the wedding. Only a week is left to enjoy my single life.

Bella and Peter had come back from their honeymoon. They're so happy in their married life. They're happy for my wedding but I'm still not able to see the excitement and happiness that a friend has for their friend's wedding.

Zain is also okay with the wedding. We talked about it and he told me that he was just afraid that I would not be able to meet up with them after marriage like before. He is not avoiding me. We are performing surgeries together like before. He apologized to me for not attending my engagement ceremony.

Right now I'm sitting in my mom's boutique with Zaid. We're here to pick mom and go to the jewelry store to buy a wedding ring where Aunt Reem is waiting for us. We are waiting for mom to complete her work. I came here right after completing my duty. Zaid also came from his office which is close to the boutique.

We've met a lot this month. We've come to know each other more. We are happy. In the past few days I've noticed something in Zaid, He seems lost. I've decided to ask him about this whether he is not feeling good with this marriage or it's just a pre wedding jitter.

When mom came we all went to a jewelry store in Zaid's car. There we met with Aunt Reem. After going through all the couple rings they have in the store we decided on a set of simple yet elegant platinum rings. Zaid's ring was plain and circular with diamond cut pattern, my ring was also circular with some pieces of diamonds attached to it and it also has diamond cut pattern.

After ring shopping mom and Aunt Reem excused themselves saying that they have some shoppings to do and told Zaid to drop me off before going to his house. We got in Zaid's car and he offered to have dinner before going home and I agreed because I was really hungry. I haven't had a piece of food after lunch break.

We went to a restaurant which is Zaid's favourite nowadays. We ordered our food. As we were waiting for the food I decided to ask him the things that is bothering me.

"Zaid, are you alright?" I asked.

"Uh yes, why are you asking this suddenly?" he replied.

"You're looking a little lost," I said.

"Oh that, actually I'm just worried about the wedding and a little nervous," he replied.

"Oh" I replied.

Then waiters bring our food. After having our dinner and a lot of chit chats. Zaid dropped me off at my house. Bidding him a good-bye and Fi Amanillah I went inside the house as he drove off.

I knocked at the door and Munif opened it. I went inside followed by Munif. I sat on the couch beside Munif where he was watching some movies and stuffing his mouth with all the snacks that are on the table. I took a packet of chips and started eating.

"So bride to be, have you brought your ring?" He asked.

"Yeah, do you wanna see it?" I said excitedly.

"Of course," he replied.

"Then wait for mom to come back she will show you the ring" I said with an smirk.

"Shut up and don't eat these fast foods you will not be able to fit in your wedding dress" he said, snatching the pack of chips from my hand.

"Don't worry, I do exercise everyday, not like you, my lazy boy" I said.

"Still I'm fit unlike you," he said.

"Shut up" I said angrily.

"Where is dad?" I asked.