Chapter 35

I came back to the living room with a tray, Munif came trailing behind me. I handed them teacups. Dad suggested that I and Zaid talk to each other before making any decision. We shifted to the dining table which was at the corner of the living room with our teacups so that we were in front of our parents.

At first there was an awkward silence but then Zaid interrupted that silence by saying "Assalamualaikum" and I answered with "walaekum assalam".

Again another silence engulfed us.

"How's your work going?" I asked.

"It's not too long since I joined the company along with my brother," he said. I replied with an "oh".

Another silence.

"Are you happy with this marriage?" I asked.

And that's when he looked at me and I don't know why but I only saw pain in his dark brown eyes. "I don't know as you know-" he trailed off but was instantly cut off when Aunt Reem brought cookies for us. He was looking at her but I couldn't see her face because he was facing him and I was facing her back of the head.

"Thanks Aunt" I said and she smiled at me before leaving us and joining the family conversation which was taking place at the couch.

"So what were you saying earlier?" I asked him.

"Actually I don't know if I'm happy or not because we don't know each other yet that's why I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this" he said.

"Yeah! That's what I'm thinking too" I replied.

"I have some questions if you don't mind?" I asked.

"Yeah you can ask me anything," he said.

"Will you have any problems with me working at the hospital as you know sometimes I have to do night shifts and in some emergency time I have to run to the hospital at midnight?" I asked.

"I don't have any problems with it as long as you will help people in need and as long as you will be safe it's okay with me" he answered and I was impressed with his answer. I mean I've always wanted a man who will be fine with my profession. I've always seen girls leaving their profession and their dreams only because their husbands are not comfortable with them working at an odd hour or they only want them to stay at home and only do housework.

"I know that you've been abroad for years, do you want to shift there again?" I asked.

"Right now I've nothing like that planned but I would love to go there again. That was my second home," he answered genuinely. "As you know I don't have any job there and I only have one job right now is helping my brother in company" he answered.

"Haven't you applied to any companies there? I mean you've studied engineering and now you're doing business it's kind of odd" I asked.

"Well I did apply in a lot of companies there, I was even employed in a company for three years there but due to less salary and mom's constant worries led me to resign" he replied "I'm still applying in a lot of companies here and in many other countries in the hope of getting job with good amount of salary so that I will be able to take care of my family well" he added.

"That's great but I'm afraid that I will not be able to manage moving to another country as you know I'm already working in a hospital in this country, I'm happy here" I replied.

"I still haven't gotten any job and who knows if I can get a job here" he replied.

"In Sha Allah" I replied.

"So what do you think? Are you going to say yes for the marriage?" He asked suddenly.

"Since I have faith in my parents' choice and I don't have any experience in these things I'm gonna follow my parents' wish" I said "so I'm going to say yes" I added.

"Ohh" he said.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'm also going to follow mom's order and since mom has already praised you a lot in front of us and after meeting you it's proven that you are a good girl" he trailed "I'm also going to say yes" he added.

After a while dad called us and we joined them on the couch. Then it was time for dinner so I helped mom bring all the food into the dining room. Zainab and Aunt also helped us. When we were done with dinner and we were having dessert which was firni. Aunt and Dad asked us about our decision. When we announced our decision they became happy. We were already having dessert but mom brought a box of sweets and served it to everyone to celebrate the good news.

-----------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!

Surprise update.

First of all I'm really sorry to disappoint you but it needs to be done. This plot was decided ever since I've started writing the story. But I haven't told about it to anyone not even my bestie who was the first person to read this story while I was writing only few starting chapters. Yes sis I haven't told you sadafkhan2527 and sorry for that.

I'm really sorry I will make it up to you all in the next few chapters and I will surely explain why I did this till then keep reading.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇Click👇