Chapter 14

I was so busy these past weeks and in so much pressure for my exam. My eyes are full of panda-like dark circles and Thanks to my glasses which are doing a good job hiding them, I'm not in a position to go out so I'm not going to the library to study. I'm only getting three to four hours to sleep. And today is my exam. I haven't slept a tiny bit last night. I was revising all the things that I had prepared for exams. I got up from my desk and went to the bathroom, washed up my face and did my wudu for Fajr. After performing Salah I started revising again. Yes, I'm feeling sleepy but It's just for a day I will be able to sleep peacefully after the exam.
After a while I got up to get rid of course I'm not going to my exam's centre in my pjs. I wore sweatpants, a hoodie and Thanks to my hijab I'm able to cover my greasy hair which I haven't washed for the last three days.

"Mary you're going to be late come and have your breakfast" mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yes mom coming" I answered and took my all purpose moisturizing balm because it's winter and my skin is getting chapped and went downstairs where I had breakfast.

"Let's go," mom said and got up. She is going to drop me to the exam centre.

"Hey sis All the best, fighting" Munif said in an encouraging tone.

"Thank you" I answered with a wide smile.

"All the best, Mary, do your best," my dad said with a smile. "You can do it" he added.

"Thank you" I answered with a huge smile because it's the first time that my dad had said something encouraging to me. 'You can do it' I repeated to myself on the way out of the house.

Mom went to the driver seat of her car and I was about to enter the passenger seat she said "Mary you have to sit on the back we are going to pick Fatima and Zain"

"I just forgot that you both go to your boutique together" I said and went to the back seat and mom started the engine.

Then we picked Zain and Aunt Fatima from their house. We haven't talked much on our way because we were busy reading our books.

"Are you in touch with Peter or Bella?" I asked Zain.

"Yes Peter called me yesterday to wish me luck" Zain answered.

"They called me too," I replied.

"And they want to hang out after the exam," he said.

"Yes we are gonna meet tomorrow" I replied and he nodded.

Then after a while we reached our center. Aunt Fatima and mom wished us good luck and they went to their boutique. And we went to the bulletin board where they had attached a sheet with our roll numbers with the seat and room allotment.

"Hey, we are not in the same room," Zain said.

"Yes" I said sadly.

"All the best and do your best," Zain said.

"All the best and fighting" I replied and we went to our respective rooms.

After three hours of examination we came out of our classrooms and after packing my bag I called Zain to ask where he was and I went to the college's corridor to meet him.

"How's the exam?" Zain asked.
"It was good, what about you?" I replied.

"Same" he said.

"Let's go eat something I'm hungry" I said and we went out of the college building and found a nearby restaurant to have our lunch since it's lunch time already.

After having a good delicious meal and a little chit chat about our exam we went outside and started walking towards the bus stop, mom and aunt were not coming to pick us up so we had to take the bus.

"Hey Zain wait" I said to him mid way and he stopped.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing just wait here I'm gonna buy something from that shop I will be right back" I replied and went to the store.

"I want to buy two Icecreams" I said to the shopkeeper.

"What flavour do you want?" he asked.

"Chocolate I guess... Yes chocolate" I answered.

When I got the icecream I went out of the shop and approached Zain.

"For you" I said smiling widely.

"Icecream," he said, taking the ice cream.

"Yes it's a good way to relieve all the tensions as well as celebrate" I replied.

"You're looking so happy today," he said.

"I'm happy because the exam is over" I said looking a little confused "aren't you happy too" I added.

"Not like that, you're looking more happy for a person who just finished their exam" he replied.

"Yes I'm happy because today my dad said 'you can do it' ... It's the first time in my life I've heard him saying something encouraging to me" I answered smiling widely.

"That's amazing," he said.

Then we got a bus and went to our house.

_______________

A/N: that's it for today hope you people are enjoying this story. Sorry for boring chapters. More interesting things are coming so stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment.

👇Vote👇