Chapter 57

Today is D-Day. Our reception. I'm getting ready wearing a beautiful white coloured full sleeved wedding gown which was beautifully embroidered on the top part. The overall gown was made with a lacy material and with love, Mommy's love. The gown was breathtaking. The make-up artist has pinned my hijab onto my hair beautifully. I've told her to do minimal makeup and make it look natural. She had done a good job in my makeup. She had created a warm nude look on me. The make-up artist insisted on putting maroon shade lipstick on my lips and I was not agreeing but she told me it would look good so I told her to apply it. After a while when I was ready the make-up artist left  my room.

Zain was getting ready in the guest room because the make-up artist was there in our room

I put on my high heeled sandals which were beautifully decorated with embroidered lace.

Suddenly the door opened and Zain entered the room. He was looking drop dead gorgeous in his well fitted black tuxedo. The fabric was hugging his muscles perfectly. His hair was perfectly gelled and set. I was awestruck looking at him and stuck in my place. I was not able to form a word and I was just staring at him. He was also standing still in his place near the door, he was also not uttering a word. The sound of something falling on the floor takes us out of our reverie. It was a bottle of hair gel which fell from Zain's hand.

He picked the gel up and came in front of me after putting the bottle on the tabe. He came closer. When he was so close I looked down.

He kissed my forehead and said "Ma Sha Allah you're looking beautiful wifey" with a smile.

"You're also looking handsome hubby" I complemented looking into his eyes.

He put his palm on my waist and pulled me closer.

"Am I dreaming or did you really called me hubby?" He asked, making me blush.

"You're not dreaming hubby" I said confidently and he smiled brightly.
"Maryam," he said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Will you please change the shade of your lipstick?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.