Chapter 50

In the morning I opened my eyes only to come face to face with Zain. He was so close to me and his arms were wrapped around my waist. My eyes went wide realising our position.

Seeing his cute sleeping face my eyes softened and a smile formed on my lips.

His disheveled hair was covering his forehead. His long eyelashes were laying on his smooth shiny cheeks. The sunlight is giving his skin a beautiful glow. He looked like an angel.

One of his locks was falling on his eyes. I moved his lock away from his eyes. I touched his skin and kept my palm on his cheeks, cupping his cheeks with one hand and caressing his features with my thumb.

Suddenly he opened his eyes, catching me off guard. My eyes widened and I tried to remove my hand from his cheeks but he was fast enough to catch my hand with his hand and put it back on his cheeks.

"Good morning wifey," he said with a raspy voice and a smile.

"G-good morning" I replied looking elsewhere but his eyes.

I tried to snatch my hand from his hand which he was holding and kept on his cheeks. But he didn't let it go.

"Continue whatever you are doing," he said with a smirk.

"Zain, we have to go downstairs," I said. "Move your hand, I have to take shower" I added.

"But I like this position" he said, making my cheeks burn "you look prettier in the morning especially when you blush" he said and kissed my red cheeks, making my heart go wild.

Then we heard a knock on the door.

"Zain and Maryam wake up," Momma said from outside.

"Zain let me go," I whispered.

"Yes Momma we are up" he said loudly.

"Okay, get ready and come downstairs" Momma said and we heard the sound of her footsteps fading.

"Zain what are you doing let me go" I said.

"Not until you give me a morning kiss," he said, making my eyes widen.

What the hell is wrong with him?

Why is he suddenly going all romantic?

Shouldn't he tell me to take my time?

I've never seen this side of him. Well of course this side of a guy is only for his wife.

Did he think that I had already let my guards down when I touched his face?

Now he is expecting me to give him a kiss.

Oh Allah the thought of a kiss is making my cheeks burn.

He sighed and said "Sorry for expecting too much, take your time Mary I will wait,"

Then he removed his arm from my waist. He was about to get up when I held his arm stopping him. He was half laying with the help of his elbow. I sat down beside him and gave him a peck on his cheek catching him off-guard. I hurriedly got up from the bed and dashed inside the washroom.

I closed the door in a hurry and leaned my back on it. I hid my face with the palm of my hands and the fast beat of my heart made me realise what I just did.

I just kissed him.

I just kissed his cheeks.

Why did I accept his request?

Did I do it because I wanted to?

I did it because he was upset and I hate seeing him upset.

Yeah! That's why I did it.

I tried to reason myself.

------------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

Uh uh another romantic moment.
Are you guys up for more romantic moments?

Sorry for short chappy. I will publish soon I promise.

Next update on Monday.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇Vote👇