Chapter 45

I heard someone knocking on my door. I got up and looked at the clock which read eight o'clock. I opened the door and saw my cousin Maheen standing there with a tray. She is fout years younger than me and got married last year.

"Assalam o alaikum and good morning bride of the day" she said.

"Walaekum assalam and good morning" I replied.

"Sorry to disturb your sleep. I can understand you were not able to sleep last night but you have to get ready because nikah is after Zuhr Salah" she said while setting the tray on the side table.

"Yeah thanks for the breakfast" I said with a smile.

"My pleasure! brush your teeth and have breakfast and take a long shower then call me I will be getting you ready and your friend Bella told me that she will be there at ten" she said.

"Okay" I said and went to the washroom.

After brushing my teeth I came out of the washroom because I was starving. I ate my breakfast. I took my casual dress and went to the washroom and as Maheen told me I took a long shower. I went out of the washroom and started blow drying my hair. As I was blow drying my hair Bella barged into my room startling me. Well it's her usual habit to never knock when she is coming into my room. She snatched the dryer from my hand and started drying my hair.

"You're not allowed to do anything today and you just have to do one thing only," she said.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"That is looking pretty" she replied and I smiled at her words.

Then Maheen came in with a bag in her hand.

"Look, your Nikah dress is here," Maheen beamed. "Do you wanna see it?" She added.

"Let's get her into it," Bella said sweetly.

Then Maheen opened the bag and I was awestruck looking at it. It's a beautiful rose gold coloured gown made with lace and the net was beautifully decorated with thread embroidery. It's full sleeved. There is an over shrug made with the same material but it was engraved with shiny materials over the fabric. After putting on the gown I observed myself in the mirror. The dress was breathtaking. It's beautiful yet modest. Then Maheen tied my hair in a beautiful bun. At first I told her not to work hard on my hair since I'm going to wear a hijab but she said after nikah Zain will be seeing me without a hijab so I should style my hair beautifully. Then she tied the matching hijab which was with the dress beautifully over my head. 

How am I going to let him see my hair?

I've never let anyone see my hair. It will be very awkward and I'm already feeling nervous thinking about it.

Do I really have to let him see my hair?

Of Course because I'm getting married to him and after Nikah he will be my halal.

But I'm not ready yet!

Then Maheen started doing my make-up. Guess what, she is a famous make-up artist. Alhamdulillah all my cousins are successful and professional. I told her not to overdo my make-up because I don't want to look fake on my big day.

When she was done I looked at myself in the mirror. She had done a very good job. She has done a very light pinkish look which is matching my dress. She has applied rose gold coloured eyeshadow over my crease line and silver shade over my upper eyelids and white kohl on my waterline. She had curled my eyelashes and applied mascara. The pink blush was making my cheeks ravishing. The matte nude pink coloured lipstick was applied on my lips which was completing the look. Ma sha Allah I am looking beautiful. Yes I'm complimenting myself this is what we call self love. Wink ; )