Chapter 24

It's been a month since we started our college. Being a medical student is full of experiences and surprises but it's so tiring.

'When people want something, they never get tired of working hard for it'

And we're willing to do everything to become a doctor.

Our classes are going well. Practical and theoretical classes both are going so well.

In our class I didn't made any friends nor did Zain made any. At first a lot of girls and boys do tried to be my friend but girls only wanted to be my friend so that they can flirt with Zain I don't like their intentions I kept distance from them because Zain was not comfortable around them and now they're thinking that I'm an overprotective bitch. Well think whatever you want. And about boys I didn't made them friends because some tried to flirt with me instead of being a genuine friend which I hate about them but some seems good but again because of Zain he was not comfortable around them so I figured that in this Med school I'm gonna have only one friend whose name is Zain.

Right now I'm having lunch with Zain in my college's cafeteria. When I was done I told Zain that I'm going to the restroom and I went to the female's restroom. I don't know why I suddenly felt something was wrong.

After reaching the restroom I went to a cube and there I saw blood on my pant. What the heck my menstruation was supposed to come one week later and it just came without even a cramp. Oh my god what am I going to do now I'm not prepared I don't have a sanitary pad with me. And the worst thing is I've already stained my sky blue coloured jeans which is visible. I went outside and saw only one girl who was touching up her makeup.

"Hey! Excuse me, do you have an extra sanitary pad? I forgot to bring one" I asked her.

"I'm sorry I don't have one with me. My menstruation just ended yesterday so I don't bring an extra one with me" she answered.

"Ohh okay" I replied and went back to the cube and sat on the toilet thinking what I could do.

I don't even have a female friend whom I can call and ask for help. 'Oh Allah help me' I prayed.

Then an idea popped in my mind.

What if I text Zain and tell him to buy a sanitary pad.

But it's so awkward.

But he is a medical student and we learn these things together in our classes.

After having a huge argument with myself I decided to text him because it will be awkward to tell him in call.

Me: Zain do me a favor!

Zain: where are you? Are you alright? Did something happen?

Me: relax I'm in the restroom, well I'm okay but I need your help.

Zain: what is it?

Me: Well! You see!

Zain: what is it Maryam?

Me: Zain, go to the nearby store and buy me a sanitary pad!

Zain: oh okay!

After a while my phone rang and it was Zain.

"Hello"

"Maryam I'm outside come and take this"

"Uh Alright I'm coming"

And then I went to the door of the restroom and half opened it and peeked outside and saw Zain there. He was looking in another direction.

"Zain" I called him and he turned around.

"Here!" He said, handing me a milky white packet.

"Thank you" I replied and closed the door immediately.

After a while when I was done with the restroom I put the left sanitary pads inside my backpacks. And went to the sink to wash my hand while I was washing my hand. I remembered that I had stained my jeans as well and my t-shirt is not long enough which can hide it.

After a while stretching and tucking my t-shirt lower I somehow managed to come out. And that's when I realised that I had already missed a class. I saw Zain standing outside waiting for me.

"Zain, why did you miss the class?" I asked stretching my t-shirt to hide my back.

"When I was outside at the store I was already late so I decided to miss it," Zain replied.

"Ohh" I answered, stretching my t-shirt uncomfortably which I'm sure Zain had noticed.

"Let's go then we have to attend the next class" when I was about to walk he said "wait"

"I think you need this," he said, removing his over shirt and giving it to me.

At first I didn't understand but then I realised that I do need this. I took it from his hand thanking him and tied up around my waist so that the stain was completely hidden.

This t-shirt was longer before but I guess my height increased recently that's why this problem happened. I mentally noted that I had to buy longer t-shirts.

____________

A/N: I think these menstruation things should be normalise and everyone should be able to talk about it without feeling awkward. I mean boys needs to know how girls have to go through because of menstruation every month like cramps, mood swings and many more.

That's all for today sorry for late update I've been extremely busy.

Please keep Indians in your dua. The second wave is very serious. May Allah give shifa to everyone who is suffering from Covid-19 and give maghfirah to the ones who has died because of it.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

👇Vote👇