Chapter 13

Nowadays I'm so busy preparing for my medical entrance examination which is next week. All day and night I'm locked in my room. I only get out to go to the library with Zain for our study session and to help each other. Yes Zain also wants to become a doctor so he is also preparing for medical entrance. I have already performed my Maghrib Salah and I'm waiting for Zain's call so that we can go to the library.

Zain: Hey I'm waiting outside..

Me: yo I'm coming..

Instead of calling he texted me. After wearing my hijab and telling Munif that I'm going out so that he can lock the door since mom is not home, she is in her boutique I went out only to see Zain with a lot of dark circles.

"Zain you're looking so funny" I said giggling.

"You're no different, it's just your specs that are hiding all those pandas like dark circles of yours," he said in an annoyed tone.

"Hey! It's because I'm pulling all nighters for studies" I said while pouting.

"And so am I" He said.

"Yeah! Yeah! Let's go now" I said and we started walking.

Then we reached the library. After studying for an hour just when it's time to go home it started pouring outside. We waited for a while for rain to stop but it didn't stop.

"You just wait here, I'm gonna get an umbrella from a nearby store," Zain said.

"But you're going to get wet" I said a little worried because I don't want him to get sick when our exams are in just one week.

"Don't worry, I'll try to go from the side and shady areas plus the shop is not so far" he reassured and went out of the Library.

After a while he came back with only one umbrella.

"Sorry all the umbrellas of that Store have been sold so I only got one" he said apologising.

"It's okay we can share" I said and got up from my seat and headed towards the door. I had already borrowed the books that I wanted to get home while Zain was not there.

"Zain, why did you want to become a doctor? I mean is it your childhood dream just like me?" I asked while walking with Zain in the same umbrella.

"No it's not my childhood dream... It's not even my dream in the first place" He answered and I turned to look at his face in shock.

"Then why are you pursuing a dream that is not even your own dream" I said.

"It's because when I was young I had promised someone that we would become doctors and help sick people together," he said smiling widely.

"Hey you're going to get sick come inside" he pulled me closer to him so that I'm now completely under the umbrella.

"Oh yeah" I said awkwardly.

"So who is that person?" I said breaking the awkward silence.

"You will know eventually," he said.

"Okay do I know the person?" I said.

"Yes," he said.

"And you're not going to tell me that person's name?" I asked.

"I said you're going to know eventually give me some time!" He said.

"Okay I'm not going to ask anymore" I said rolling my eyes which he did not notice since he was looking in front of him.

After walking for minutes Zain dropped me in my house and he went to him. After reaching home I performed Isha. Then I had a delicious dinner prepared by mom with the help of my dad because it's Saturday and he came home early. After having my dinner I went to my room only to rest a little bit and then study. But little did I know I fell asleep without knowing when I woke up it's already past Fajr so I performed my Salah and started my day with some exercise and studies.

--------------------
A/N:
Double update.
I hope you people are doing well. Stay safe because you are precious for someone out there.
Don't forget to leave your precious comments and Vote.

👇Vote🌟