Chapter 28

After four hours of journey we finally reached the resort and all of us were exhausted because of travelling. We got the keycard of our respective rooms and went to our room; Bella, Peter, Zain, me and all of their cousins have rooms on the same floor. My room is beside Bella and Zain's room is in front of my room. Peter's room is on the other side of the floor.

I entered my room after locking it. I placed my luggages at one corner and went to the washroom to freshen up. After freshening I opened my suitcase and hung up my dresses inside the cupboard that was inside the room. The room was beautiful with a huge glass window from which the ocean could be seen clearly. After resting a bit it was almost time for lunch as I was about to go out and someone knocked on the door. And I reached the door to open it. When I opened it I saw Zain standing there.

"Bella and everyone went downstairs for lunch. She told me to come with you," he said.

"Oh I think I took a long time to rest" I replied and took the keycard to lock the door before going downstairs.

After reaching downstairs I saw some huge family dining tables there and Bella and Peter's relatives were sitting on them. There I spotted Bella and their cousins on a table. I went to her and she gestured me and Zain to have a seat. I sat on a chair and Zain sat beside me just then Peter came and sat beside Bella.

"I'm so hungry," said Camila Bella's paternal cousin.

"Me too," I agreed.

Then the caterers started serving the food. The food was all halal because Peter and Bella also like halal food thanks to our influence.

"Hey Maryam answer me truly are you bald under the scarf?" Chloe, Bella's maternal cousin asked out of nowhere and I choked on my food.

"Trust me, her hair is longer than your life-span" Bella said.

"How do you know?" Edward, Peter's maternal cousin asked.

"Because I saw it with my own eyes," Bella answered.

"Then let us see your hair," said Joseph, Chloe's younger brother and Bella's cousin.

"No I can't," I answered.

"Why?" Chloe asked.

"Isn't the reason obvious why she is wearing a hijab? She doesn't want to let people see her hair," Bella answered on my behalf.

"Why did she let you see it then?" Asked Rosé, Peter's cousin and Edward's older sister.

"Well I can't let strangers see my hair. It's forbidden but since Bella is a girl she has seen my hair" I answered.

"Then Zain is not a stranger so he has also seen your hair?" Asked Rosé.

"The thing is in Islam it's forbidden to let a male see your hair who is non mehram, meaning who are not in your blood relation" I explained.

"So who can see your hair?" Asked Chloe.

"My father, brother and uncle who are related by blood can see my hair and of course my future husband can see it" I answered "since I don't have any blood related uncle so except my brother and father no-one has ever seen my hair" I added.

"Your future husband must be lucky that he will be the only guy who is going to see your hair" Camila said and I just smiled.

"I'm going to wear a hijab from now on," Camila added.

"Are you sure you will be able to manage this?" Chloe asked.

"Well forget it, eat your food everyone" Camila tried to change the topic and everyone laughed at her silliness.

"Maryam I'm sorry if I hurt you I shouldn't have asked you the question" Camila said softly.

"It's okay I'm used to it, people always ask me these questions like are you bald, don't you feel hot inside it or why are you suppressing yourself under the scarf" I told her.

"It's not like I'm suppressing myself, it doesn't snatch my independence but it gives me independence to go anywhere I want and do whatever I want but in modesty it reminds me who I am and what I'm supposed to do and I wear hijab for Allah and I'm willing to do everything for Allah because our life is for Allah and we have to go back to Allah after we die because world is temporary" I answered.

"Wow, you know your religion very well," said Joseph.

"It's because she is a practicing Muslimah and her parents and everyone is proud of her," Zain said with a smile.

"Alhamdulillah" I replied.

"Aren't you proud of her as well?" Asked Peter wiggling his eyebrows.

"We-well yeah" Zain answered and Bella let out a giggle.

------------

A/N: Assalamu alaikum everyone!

Being a hijabi, what kind of questions do people ask you? Let me know in the comment section.

I always hear people saying "can't you feel hot under the hijab itni garmi hai" kind of things from some of non-Muslims and can you believe it some Muslims also say these things. Although I know a lot of non-Muslims who respect hijabis and they know everything about it, some of the things they already knew and some things I helped them understand because they are my lovely friends and I love them.

Comment you thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Stay safe.

Thank you!

👇Vote👇