Chapter 54

We were sitting in the living room savouring our mouths with Bungeoppang and coffee and deciding about the reception date.

"What about next Friday?" Said Munif.

"I think Saturday will be good," Zain said.

"Munif, call your friends who own the banquet and ask if it's free next Friday or Saturday" dad said.

"Okay" he said and got up and went to some quiet space.

After a while he came back and said "The banquet is free next Saturday"

"Book the banquet for Saturday then" papa said.

"Yeah uncle I already did" he replied.

"Is it okay for you both?" Dad said looking at mom and Momma.

"Yeah" they said in unison.

"Start the preparation for the reception of Fatima, we have to invite the guests and a lot of things we have to arrange," papa said.

"Don't panic, Adnaan , we can do it together" dad said.

After booking everything like invitation cards, jewelry, banquet and catering it was time for dinner. Which we had ordered. After a while the doorbell rang and Zain went to open it. He came inside with packets of food. He went inside the kitchen and I followed him after telling mommy that I will be setting the table.

Zain helped me set the table. Then we called everyone for dinner and after having our food Mom, dad and Munif bid their good-byes to us and went out of the house.

I went to my room after helping Momma in the kitchen. Zain has already gone into the room. I went inside only to see the room empty. I went to the balcony and saw Zain there leaning on the railing engulfed in his thoughts. I stood beside him leaning on the railing and facing outside.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just feeling the weather," he answered.

"The weather is chilling" I said "what are you thinking?" I asked.

"Maryam..." He said. I know it's something serious that's why he said Maryam instead of Mary or wifey.

"Yes, Zain," I said.

"Are you happy?" He asked.

"Uhm why are you suddenly asking me this?" I said.

"You know why I stopped myself from confessing earlier, why I didn't do anything when you were about to marry someone else," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

I know why he did that. He did that because of my happiness.

"Because I thought you're happy with him," he confessed "but I'm not sure whether you're happy now or not, whether you're happy in this marriage or not" he added.

Oh Zain why you're so sweet.

Why are you so selfless?

Why do you always think of my happiness first?

I forwarded my hand and took his palm on mine. I intertwined my fingers with his and looked at his side.

"Look into my eyes, am I looking unhappy?" I asked and he intensely looked at my eyes under the glowing moon.

"No," he whispered.

"Don't think too much, I am happy and I don't think I would have been more happy with someone else," I said looking at his glistening brown orbs which were full of emotions.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. Then he pulled me in his embrace. My head was on his hard chest and his mouth was near my ear.

"Thank you" he whispered.

"Ahm Zain, we haven't prayed to Isha" I said.

"Stay a little longer" he pleaded and I didn't say anything because my heart was beating so fast and I was unable to make any sound. I clutched his t-shirt.

Zain what are you doing to me?

What's with all these rapid beating of the heart?

What's with all the foreign feelings that I'm having?

Suddenly he untied my hijab saying "you don't have to wear hijab in front of me".

Then he untied my hair Letting them hang loosely in the air.

"I love your hair" he whispered while his face was buried in my hair near my neck and his breath were constantly fanning my skin not doing any justice to the beating of my heart.

Then he pulled out of the embrace and kissed my temple and said "let's pray Isha".

We prayed to Isha together. When I was about to enter the closet to take a night dress to wear, I remembered that Munif hadn't brought my other suitcase.

"Zain, I think I have to wear your dress tonight also," I said.

"You can wear my dress as much as you want and you don't have to ask me, just go and take anything you want from the closet," he said.

Then I went inside the closet and took his peach coloured t-shirt and black sweatpants. I changed into it and went out of the closet. I got on the bed beside Zain.

"I think you should wear my t-shirt everyday" he said "it suits you wifey" he added, making me blush again.

"Good night" I said and got inside the duvet.

After a while sleep engulfed me.

------------------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

Comment your favourite part in this chapter.

Picture on top of the chapter is from K-drama The King: Eternal Monarch.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇vote👇