Chapter 6

The next day I was in class when Zain gave me a paper and said "there are some problems from yesterday's topic. I hope you will solve it".

"Okay I'll try" I replied.

"It seems some people are becoming friends" Bella said with a smirk on her face and I just shrugged on her statement.

Now it's play break and I have to go to the library to meet Zain. 'I don't know why he wants to meet in the library' I thought.

"Bella, I'm going to the library to pick some book do you want to come?" I asked.

"No, I already got the book I needed... But if you are alone then I will tag along" Bella said.

"No! No! It's okay... just go and spend some time with Peter" I replied instantly.

"No I-" She said but was cut off by Peter who came to us running and yelling Bella's name.

"Hey! Aren't you coming to watch me play basketball" Peter said.

"I'm sorry I have to go to the library... But Bella is coming" I said to Peter.

"Ohh yes how can I miss my boyfriend's match Sorry Mary" Bella said and after bidding me good-bye they went outside.

When I was on my way to the library a girl approached me. She is the same girl from our class who always tries to flirt with Zain. Her name is Mariya.

"Maryam do you know where Zain is?" She asked.

"I don't know about his whereabouts. He is not my friend" I replied annoyingly.

"Oh that's good for you" she said "And don't even try to be friends with him, He is mine!" She said with a cunning smile on her face.

"I don't have time for your nonsense" I said and went past her with a frown on my face. 'What does She think she is, why is Zain going to be her and why will I try to be his friend?'

When I went to the library I saw Zain sitting on a table. I went closer and sat on the empty seat next to him.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late" I said in a low voice since we are in the library.

"No it's okay" he replied and slid two books towards me while reading something. " I just wanted to give you these books," He added. We are talking in low voices.

"Oh..." I said and took the book which is some text book of physics by different writers.

He turned his face towards me and said "I will not be able to come today... You have to revise all the topics we have studied and tomorrow I will be taking a small MCQ test from those topics."

"Okay I will do my best" I said to Zain and started looking inside the books that Zain had given me.

"Zain, that girl Mariya was looking for," I said to Zain whose face turned into an annoying one.

"Why is she looking for me?" he said.

"I don't know, go and ask her yourself," I answered.

"So what did you say to her?" Zain asked.

"I didn't say anything to her." I replied.

"Ohh good" he sighed and we turned our focus towards our books.

**************
The next day Zain came at 7:00 pm for our study session.

"So here is the paper for our test" Zain said and handed me some pieces of paper and he also had some for him.