Chapter 37

It was Friday night and I was sitting on my bed going through a patient's file when I received a call from Bella.

"Hey girl," Bella said from the other side.

"Hiiiiii!" I said loudly. "How's your honeymoon going?" I asked.

"It was going great, we came to Chiang Mai today after visiting a lot of places in Bangkok" she answered happily.

"Oh great, have fun dear, when are you guys coming back?" I asked.

"On Wednesday" she answered.

"Where is Peter?" I asked.

"In washroom," she replied.

"Maryam you little! you haven't given us the news of your proposal" she said with anger.

"Cool down girl I tried your number nth time I even texted you on whatsapp and video called you thousand times but you were busy on your honeymoon how was I supposed to give you the news" I said in one breath.

"Yeah, I got your text yesterday," she replied. "The thing is Peter never let me use my phone because he said we are here to enjoy our time together. We shouldn't let our cell phones ruin our honeymoon," she added.

"Then why are you using your phone now?" I asked.

"I connected my phone with the hotel's wifi today because I knew you guys would be worried so I decided to talk to you all," she said. "Mom was freaking out," she added.

"Yes I was so worried about you and you know what at the time when I needed you and your talkings the most I haven't reached you and it makes me go crazy because I didn't have any friend to talk about these things except you" I said.

"Hey Mary how are you?" I heard Peter's voice from the other line.

"I'm fine, are you guys enjoying it there?" I asked.

"Yes, we are enjoying it a lot," he replied.

"Wait let me put the phone on speaker" I heard Bella's voice and a little rustling sound must be Bella snatching the phone from Peter's hand.

"Hey I heard you're getting engaged" Peter asked.

"Uh yes" I replied.

"So who's the guy?" Bella asked.

"My cousin Zaid" I answered.

"Are you sure you want to marry him and not anyone else?" Peter asked.

"I'm sure because I don't have anyone whom I want to marry and on top of that I believe in my parents' choice" I replied.

"Is he good-looking?" Bella asked.

"Well yes" I said shyly.

"Did he respect you?" Peter asked.

"Yes, after talking to him last week and going out shopping with him, of course our mothers were with us. I know that he respects me," I replied.

"Is he fulfilling all the criteria list of a husband, that you have?" Bella said.

"Yes, most of it. he is a devout worshipper, he respects my parents, he respects my profession, he is tall, he respects my decisions, he respects women, he is good with kids and he is a successful engineer but helping his brother in business because her mother want him to be near her and being a good son he is here and on top of that he is a practicing Muslim" I said.

"Are you happy?" She asked.

"At first I was confused. I needed someone to talk it out but you were not there. Eventually I've sorted out all this and I think I'm happy," I answered.