Sock Opera

I brought the twins to the Gravity Falls Library to research more about the weird laptop that Soos had found in the bunker where the shapeshifter was

I brought the twins to the Gravity Falls Library to research more about the weird laptop that Soos had found in the bunker where the shapeshifter was. "Found anything?" Dipper asked as he was sitting in front of the laptop which required a password to get to it.

"Here" I put down a big stack of books in front of him as he looked at me a bit concerned but still took some of them and skimmed through the pages.

"Mabel do you mind helping us out here?" Dipper turned to his sister who seemed to be staring at some random guy.

"All my life I've been dreamin' of a love that's right for me. And now I finally know her name and it's..." A tall blonde guy with his hair in a pony tail was entertaining the kids with some puppets "Sing it with me kids!" He said as the kids chanted Literature.

"Oh boy" I said as Dipper put his head in his hands. Here we go again. Another week another crush.

I walked up to Mabel to see if it was as bad as we thought. "Just when I was getting over Mermando, of course, you show up at my doorstep." She said as I sighed petting her back for comfort.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about Mermando. Did not care for Mermando." Dipper replied bluntly as he opened another book from the stack i gave him. "Okay, this cryptology book says that there's 7.2 million 8-letter words. I'll type, you read. Okay, Girls? Girls?" He asked but I just looked at him then back at Mabel. Right then she started walking towards the guy.

"I'm sorry I'll be back in a minute" I told him as he nodded going back to the books about combinations and i ran up to Mabel.

"Hey! Guess who's Mabel! I am. Care to learn more? I bet you do. You like to learn- WAA-" Mabel tripped accidently while walking up to him on one book lazily thrown on the ground. Luckily she didn't need my help to get up "And I'm up!" She chuckled slightly.

"Oh, hey, I'm Gabe. Master of puppets. Nice to meet you." He said as I nodded still concerned about Mabel and if she was okay.

"You're amazing with those puppets." Mabel complimented the blonde who laughed a bit probably not used to many girls complimenting his dolls.

"Really?" His smile suddenly faded "A lot of people think puppets are dumb, or, just for kids or something." Oh well called it.

"Are you kidding me? I'm puppet-CRAZY! People call me Puppet-Crazy-Mabel!" Mabel lied swiftly as Gabe gasped.

"Really? People used to call me Puppet-Crazy-Gabe! So when's your next puppet show?" He asked her as she stared blankly at him.

"My what?" She mumbled as I took on the conversation for her since she didn't know what to say.

"She is working on a sock opera with lots of drama and romance" I said hoping he wouldn't ask for anything else.

"And are you two like a team?" He questioned as I was about to answer with a simple no but Mabel interrupted me.