Little gift shop of horrors - Part 2

ABACONINGS

I was sitting in bed throwing a ball up and down while Mabel was playing with a tape recorder and Dipper was trying to solve some amazing unsolvable puzzle.

Mabel was making some noises but I had them tuned out. Living with the twins for so long I found a way to switch to autopilot from time to time when they got too loud. But Dipper was having none of it.

"Mabel, could you knock it off? I'm trying to solve this intelligence puzzle but it seems impossible." Dipper told her as I stopped throwing the ball.

"Isn't it supposed to be like near impossible?" I looked at him as he scoffed.

"Nearly, so it's possible!" He told me as he was still trying to solve it.

"Maybe you're just not smart enough." Mabel told him which pissed him off.

"...We'll see about that." Dipper said storming out the room.

"Dipper wait-" I tried to stop him but he didn't listen I just followed behind him. "Dipper don't tell me you got offended by what Mabel said" I told him when I was close enough.

"Here it says a certain mushroom can increase your brain power" he shoved the journal in my face as I slowly pushed it away.

"This is ridiculous. You can't really be considering making mushroom stew to solve some dumb puzzel" I told him but he didn't listen and just continued onward deeper into the forest. "Dipper I am not coming with you!" I shouted as he stopped and turned around to face me.

"Why?"

"It's a dumb idea? When did going to the forest to get some magical thing benefit you?" He stopped for a second. "I get you want to solve the mystery of this town. But this is not the way" I said as he just turned his back to me and walked deeper to the forest. "Unbelievable" I mumbled walking back home.

—————

I woke up pretty early today. I looked out the window to be faced with the sun up in the sky. I checked the clock on the wall. 6:46 am. Great.

I pushed the covers off of me and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I looked in the mirror to see my reflection. No bags under the eyes and my skin didn't look as pale. This was definitely an improvement but I knew i couldn't get used to it. He'll be back.

"Good morning Emma" I heard a robotic voice behind me as I spit put the toothpaste. I turned around to see Waddles on some sort of machine which allowed him to move and talk.

"Uh. Hi" I replied as I put my toothbrush away and fixed my hair. "Why can you talk all of the sudden?" I questioned him.

"I ate what Dipper had prepared for himself last night because my tummy hurt." He explained as I chuckled.

"So you are like smart and all now?" I asked him putting on a pair of earrings and finally turned around to face him instead of looking at the reflection of the mirror.

"Yes" he simply said as he walked away. "Follow me" the two of us walked to the twins room.

"What?" I questioned him as he got off his machine and ran to the puzzle Dipper was working on yesterday. "Woah" I picked it up. It was complete. "You did this?" I looked at him as he oinked. I heard Dipper shift in his bed as he soon opened his eyes.

"Ah I already feel smarter!" He said as he looked over to me. I realized I was still holding the puzzle.

"Emma did you solve it?!" Dipper got out of bed as he took it from me.