Roadside Attraction - Part 1

I kept thinking back to yesterday. For the first time tonight, I slept peacefully, and my mind was as clear as ever.

No bill, no mindscape, no problems.

Finally, I felt like a normal teenage girl who only had love on her mind.

I kept replying Dipper's thoughts in my head. I just wanted this to be over and confess to him. Tell him that I actually do like him back, and he shouldn't feel embarrassed by any of his feelings.

This was going to be a great day!

"Nice. And don't forget bug spray! It's perfect for spraying in the face of hitchhikers." I heard Stan tell Soos as I walked outside the Schack.

"Whoa. An RV? Camping gear? Are you running from the law again?" I asked. A wide smile on my face. Dont think I could hide the grin even if I tried.

"Dude! It's the ultimate Oregon road trip adventure!" Soos replied.

"What's up with you this morning?" Stan asked me as I shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"You are usually more... Ughh. Tired, gloomy, dead inside." He explained, trying to shield his face as if I was emitting some sort of light. "Haven't seen you smile so wide it's terrifying!" He explained as I sighed.

"I'm just happy Stan!" I replied as he grumbled back.

"Whatever it is, keep it away, I don't want to get infected."

"Grunkle Stan are we going on a trip?" Dipper asked, coming outside too, followed by his sister.

"More like revenge trip. Every year, my tourist trap competitors prank the Mystery Shack. Last year, those hooligans duct taped Soos to the ceiling." Stan drifted his attention to the twins.

"Oh yea, I remember that." I mumbled, going back on my memories. Gideon and my dad laughed about that for days.

"Well, no more! This year, we're visiting every tourist trap along the Redwood Highway, and I'm gonna prank back every single one!" Stan told us excitedly.

"Bow wow! Time to let the road dogs bark!" I heard Grenda's voice.

"That is us. We are the road dogs." Candy added.

Wait, when did they get here?!

"Thanks for letting me bring Candy and Grenda along for our road trip!" Mabel explained as I looked between her and the girls.

Candy and Grenda knew, but not me?! How much did I miss from going to bed earlier?!

"The more the merrier. Just sign these non-disclosure agreements. None of your parents are lawyers, right?" Stan explained as the girls got into the RV.

"What do ya say, dudes? You comin'?" Soos shot me and Dipper a look. Great, so I wasn't the only one.

Mabel turned to me and Dipper. "I already went to the trouble of packing all your guys' stuff. Dipper, I even packed the stuff you kept in that secret box under the bed." She joked, accidentally dropping the box out of which about a dozen photos of Wendy fell out...

"Whoa. What the...? Ugh, what's that?" I asked, rather annoyed but overall just confused. I thought he was over her... I thought he liked... Me... So why did he still keep photos of Wendy lying around.

Dipper's entire face grew red as he tried picking all the photos as quickly as possible.

"Uh, nothing! Just...Wendy stuff...from old times. Listen, Emma, it's not what you think!" He tried explaining himself.