Soos and the real girl

I was sitting behind the cash register reading something as Soos passed by me. "Good night dudes!" He told us as we all wished him a good night as well.

"You ever wonder what Soos does when he's not here at the Mystery Shack?" Mabel asked as she sat on the counter next to the register.

"Not really no" I told her looking away from the book I was reading. It was one of the countless books about the supernatural.

"No" Dipper replied as well.

"Never" Stan told her.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked her closing the book and putting it on the counter next to her.

"Just like. We don't really know about the real Soos" she told us as everyone srugged.

"Mabel what is there to know. He is a nice fella that works for me on minimum payment." Stan explained.

—————

It was a brand new day and Wendy was no where to be seen so I had to be at the cashier once again. "Hello!" Stan greeted a small child that came in the shop. The kid screamed. "Please, don't let my horrible elderly face frighten you." He revealed an old fake gold figure "Don't you want to use that nickel to get a nugget from old Goldie?" He told the kid who seemed to hesitate. "Watch this!" Stan put a coin in the machine.

The figure moved it's hand to lift his hat. But when the arm moved down both his eyes fell out with grease coming out of the holes where the eyes used to be. It did look quite frightening so when the child ran outside screaming I wasn't surprised.

"Okay, seriously, Stan. It's time to throw that thing out. Its face reminds everybody of the inevitability of death." I told him as he scoffed.

"What?! Sure, he's a little rusty around the edges, but old Goldie is a classic show-stopper, like me. Huh?" His hand slipped on some of the grease that spilled out. Unfortunately it landed in Goldie's mouth and he started biting him and holding onto Stan's arm. "Aaaah! Kill it! KIIILLL IIIITTT!" He screamed trying to get it off as I just watched not being bothered to help knowing he will find a way.

Just then a woman ran out of the shop screaming. Where she was standing before that I saw Soos with a frown. I walked up to him. "You good? What was that about?" I asked him as he sighed.

"I-I think I was flirting, but I'm not sure." He said as Mabel ran down the stairs and came up to us with an excited look.

"DID SOMEONE SAY FLIRTING?!" She shouted as I looked at her confused. How did she get here so fast?

"Well, I kinda promised my grandma I'd get a date by the end of the week, but I've never actually been on a date before." He sighed and took an out-of-order sign putting it on himself "You belong on me, out-of-order sign."

"Finally, my prayers for a chance to match-make this summer have been answered!" She said.

"Soos, a little advice. You need to get rich. Or lie about being rich. Outside of that, I don't like your chances." Stan called out as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't listen to Stan, dude. You're a nice guy with a steady job and a pickup truck." I told him trying to reassure him.

"Do you think he can get a date that quickly though?" He asked as I sighed.

"Soos, you help us so much, it's time we help you. We're gonna get you that date." I said with a determined look. I couldn't let Stan talk down Soos.

"We're taking you where romance lives and fashion styles die. To the mall!" Mabel said as I laughed.

"Yea The Mall!" I cheered