Gideon Rises - Part 2

I was in the Living room. Sitting on Stan's chair thinking of all the great moments I had with the Pines family. Suddenly a ringing phone disturbed my thoughts. "Emma dear can you pick that up I'm a bit busy with the dishes" My dad said from the kitchen as I got up.

I went up to the phone and picked it up. "Hello. This is Emma Gleeful on the phone how can I help?" I said faking a cheerful tone.

"Emma it's me" I heard Stan's voice over the phone. I've never been happier to talk to him before.

"Oh thank god" I said as I dropped the act. "How are Dipper and Mabel? Are they hurt?" I asked as he sighed.

"I uh. I can't take care of them anymore and I'm sending them back to their parents" He explained. Something didn't feel right. I knew I wanted them away from here so they don't get hurt but thinking about it is one thing. And never being able to see them again for real is another.

"Well um. Why are you telling me this?" I asked trying to sound not bothered by it.

"The kids wish to see you one last time before they leave. Is there any way?" He asked as I looked at the door leading to the kitchen.

"I cannot promise anything. I am not the one who decides" I explained.

"Well then. If you manage to sneak out. The bus leaves at 7pm tonight" He said and he hung up. I put the phone down. Sadness and confusion overtook me. I didn't know what to do.

"Dear who was one the phone?" My dad asked from the kitchen. I slowly walked in there to face him. He could understand me right?

"Dad. I have to ask something. Just don't get mad." I spoke to him as he turned around to look at me.

"Yea go ahead" He replied in his cheerful tone.

"The twins are leaving tonight. A-and I know Gideon forbid me from leaving the house but-" I started but I was cut off.

"Emma you know what Gideon told us" He said as I sighed trying to convince him.

"But I-" unfortunately i was not allowed to continue anymore.

"Emma that's enough" He shouted. It's rare to see him angry. But this was one of the occasions. I sighed. I left the room without saying another word.

I went into the attic. The room me and the twins shared. I sat on the dirty old mattress that I used as a bed just staring at the wall. I could feel tears running down my face. Suddenly I heard loud footsteps. I quickly wiped the tears off my face trying to hide all the evidence of me crying. Gideon used to call me weak whenever I did that.

"WHERE IS IT?" My brother asked storming into the room

"What do you mean?" I asked as he flipped over the table in the corner.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT." He replied as I just shrugged. "THE OTHER JOURNAL. YOU KNEW THERE WERE THREE RIGHT? SO WHERE IS THE 1ST ONE?" He asked me.

"Genuinely have no idea." I replied calmly. Unlike me he was so angry you could see his veins on his head. Jesus.

"Dipper! He has the other journal doesn't he?!" He asked.

"Don't think so." I replied to his. I could see he wasn't too happy with me being so calm.

"Where is he!" He demanded me to answer him.

"Okay first of all he doesn't have the other journal. And secondly you can't find him. Him and Mabel are leving town right about.." i trailed off looking at the clock which showed 6:56 "Yea 4 minutes" I told him.