Society of the blind eye

"Alright author, who are you? Who are you?..." dipper chewed on a pen but it broke in his mouth "Blech! Not again." He tossed it aside as I chuckled. He was standing by the wall in front of the board with every clue we had and I was laying in the bed with my head hanging off the side reading one of the notebooks.

"Wait wait wait wait" I said getting into a more comfortable position. "Dipper come here" I grabbed his attention as he looked at me. "The author not only explored the unnatural. He was unnatural himself. Here are some notes where he tried to explain he had a sixth finger?" I said in a questionable tone. "So that would narrow it down!" I told him as he took the notebook from me.

"You're right! Oh my god how did we miss it!?" He asked as I chuckled.

"I found this one yesterday in that horrible room we fought for. There ought to be way more stuff but I feel very uncomfortable in there alone." I explained as he ripped out the page and put it up on the board. "One more clue for the wall" I said smiling.

"Hey, guyyys. Look what I got!" Suddenly Mabel said walking in the room holding a bottle.

"You became an alcoholic?" I questioned as she shoved the bottle in our faces. I could now see that inside was a rolled up paper. Probably a message.

"It's a bottle message from Mermando, remember? He was part fish, part shirtless guy. What if he wants to get back together?!" She said excitedly as me and Dipper looked at eachother unsure. We both knew this would end badly.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up, Mabel." Dipper told her as she chuckled taking out the message.

"Too late! Hopes are way way up! 'Dear Mabel...' So far so good! 'is with a heavy heart...' So far so good! '...that I must inform you, I'm getting married'?!" She read the letter as I sighed.

"And there it is." I mumbled as she continued reading.

"'In order to prevent an undersea civil war... arranged wedding... Queen of the Manatees?!' And she's so beautiful! This can't be happening!" Mabel looked at the picture before taking out her summer scrap book.

"Oh, Mabel. You'll get over him eventually." I tried to reassure her but she shook her head opening the book on the page with crushes.

"You don't understand, Dipper. On my first day here, I made this page for summer romances. Look at my luck. Turned out to be gnomes, child psycho." She said pointing to a few people in of them being Gideon.

"Fair enough" I mumbled looking at the picture of my brother.

She pointed finally to Gabe. "Made out with his own hands. And now..." she wrote FAILED in capital letters at the top. "I wish I could just forget about them forever."

"Hey, if it's any consolation, my summer mission isn't a huge success either. I'm still trying to find the author of this journal, but with this laptop smashed, I've lost any lead in finding him." Dipper told her as she was playing with the bottle. Suddenly she stopped fidgeting with it.

"Wait a minute. Dipper, Emma look!" She said pointing to the laptop.

"Look at what?" I questioned examining the laptop as she passed me the bottle. I used it as a magnifying glass to see what Mabel was talking about. "'McGucket Labs.' Wait, Old Man McGucket?" I asked reading a small stamp put on the laptop.

"That same old man McGucket?" Dipper asked as he walked ip to the board. "Wait it all makes sense!" He said as he took some of the string and connected the pictures with every clue we owned. "So that would mean... Old Man McGucket wrote the journals?!" He said in a rather questionable tone. I looked over at the board. "It makes sense!" He said as I stared at the board even more.