A tale of two Stans

"Finally! After all these long years of waiting, you're actually here! Brother!" Stan or at least the man we know as Stan called out walking up to the mysterious man who just walked out of a goddamn prtal.

Instead of a warm hug Stan was met with a strong harsh punch to the face.

"Oh! Ow! What the heck was that for?!"

"This was an insanely risky move: restarting the portal! Didn't you read my warnings?!"

Yep those two are definitely siblings.

"Warnings, schmarnings. How's about maybe a thanks for saving you from what appears to be, I don't know, some kind of sci-fi sideburn dimension?" Stan complained as the other man looked livid.

"Thank you? You really think I'm gonna thank you after what you DID THIRTY YEARS AGO?!" The man exploded and started walking towards Stan in an angry manner.

"What I did? Why, you ungrateful..." Stan tried to punch the male but he ducked in time and grabbed him. "Don't expect me to go easy on you, just because you're... family." And just like that Dtan was on the ground "ah!"

It was about time one of us intervened "Hey, hi. Mabel here. Quick question: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!"

"Stan, you didn't tell me there were children down here. And some sort of large, hairless gopher?" The man pointed to our group.

"Heh heh. I get that a lot" Soos laughed off the insult. I wanted to comfort him but i was more so fascinated with what the man had to say.

"They're your family, Poindexter. Shermie's grandkids." Stan explained pointing to the twins.

"I-I have two nieces and nephew?" The look on the man's face softened as a wide smile came across his face. In an instant he shook my hand. "Greetings. Do kids still say greetings? I haven't been in this dimension for a really long time." He mumbled under his nose the last part as i tried to jig my hand away from his. While doing so i noticed his hand more clearly - six fingers instead of five. Odd...

"...A-actually I'm not your niece" I was quick to reply. "They are." I explained, even though it broke my heart to say it.

The man's face was confused as his stare immediately shifted over to the twins.

"I-I can't believe it. You're the author of the journals!" Dipper started fangirling in an instant.

"You've read my journals?" The man seemed surprised by Dipper's enthusiasm and the fact someone took interest in what he wrote.

"I haven't just read them; I've lived them!" Dipper started walking eound in circles trying to explain himself. "I've been waiting for so long to meet you, I-I don't know what to say I have so many questions- I" Suddenly he started hyperventilating "Oooooohhh I think I'm gonna throw up." I rused over to him and put my hand on his back "Hmmpf! No-no, false alarm. Hmmpf! Just gotta ride it out!" He reassured me but I still stayed close.

"Listen, there'll be time for introductions later. But first, tell me, Stan: are there any security breaches? Does anyone else know about this portal?" The man turned to Stan who had a sheepish smile on his face.

"No, just us..." he mumbled.

"Also maybe the entire U.S. government." I added as the man flipped out.

"The what?!" He had fury in his eyes. "Okay. It's all right. We've got a while before they find this room. We just need to lay low and think of a plan." The man mumbled pacing the floor.

"Well, it looks like we're stuck down here for a while. Who wants to tell us their entire mysterious backstory?" Mabel inquired as the man stopped dead in his tracks and looked at her.