What comes next

It was the celebration. Mostly, everyone was downstairs apart from me, Mabel and Dipper.

Us three were still getting ready. And by that, I mean Dipper and I were waiting on Mabel, who was getting ready in the bathroom.

I was still regaining some bits of my memory, discovering new things in this room that I've spent the last 3 months in.

"This is a nice stuffed animal," I mumbled, pointing to a hybrid animal between a panda and a duck.

"Oh, that..." Dipper laughed awkwardly, looking at the plush. "I tried to win it for this girl. I had a crush at the beginning of summer, but I failed. At the end of that day, the man selling those had one left, and you managed to get a good bargain on it and gave it to me. You said i should give it to Wendy, but I told you i preferred to keep it to myself..." He smiled at the memory as I looked at the doll.

"That's the... day with the time travel? Right?" I asked, vague memories in my mind as he nodded, smiling.

"That's the one," he laughed as I smiled back.

I don't know if it had always been like this hetween me and Dipper, but it seemed as though chats between us were really awkward.

"Hey Dipper..." I called out. He seemed to have zoned out for a koment, his eyes now pinned on me."Did we ever have moments of uncomfortable silence like we do now?" I asked as he sighed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry... no, we weren't like that. it's just. You are... different..." he mumbled as I tilted my head a little confused.

"You aren't as cynical. You are more dull of energy, and you are not as blunt. It seems all of those bad characteristics you used to have suddenly disappeared... And i know I shouldn't be sad that these bad qualities of yours are gone, but... I just learned to love someone like that. And now it feels like im talking to someone else, " he told me truthfully as I stared at him for a bit.

I stayed quiet for a bit, only nodding, letting him know I've heard him. I didn't really know what to say. I didn't remember who i used to be before. I just know i wasn't who I wanted to be. I used to be sad... and I didn't want to be sad now.

"Im ready!" Suddenly, Mabel popped out of the bathroom. She looked great.

"Shall we?" I asked, looking at the door as the three of us walked down the stairs where a crowd cheered on for Mabel and Dipper. Everyone was with party hats ready to celebrate their birthday.

"Everyone! 1.. 2..." And just like that, everyone started singing happy birthday to the twins as Soos brought in the cake.

After we were done singing, we cheered as the twins looked at each other.

"I can't believe you all got together just to throw a party for us," Mabel said as Soos called out.

"Yo dude, make a wish, dawg!" He said as all of us cheered them to wish for something.

"You know, on my first day here, if you had asked me what I wanted, I would have said: adventure, mystery, true friends. But looking here at all of you, I realize that every wish came true." He looked around as his eyes found mine. He stared at me for a moment, his mouth curling at the edge of his lips. He let out a soft chuckle. "I have everything I wanted," he said softly as i felt my heart beating faster in my chest.

"If I had only one wish, it would be to shrink all of you with a shrink ray and bring you home with us in my pocket. But since that's impossible..." Mabel suddenly stopped and turned to Ford for confirmation."Is that impossible?" He simply shrugged. "Since that's probably impossible, my only wish is for everyone to sign my scrapbook. I'll never forget you guys. Wait!" I watched as she took out the memory gun and threw it at the ground, smashing it to bits. "Now I'll never forget you guys."