Chapter 51: Plan

Sorry for the wait... 😅
__________________________________

Third Person POV

Thor hand his hands raised slowly, watching Peter's movements intently.

Peter had his gun pointed right at Gamora. His hand slightly shaking as he stared at Thor with a look of utter disbelief.

"Peter...." Gamora warned slowly as she stood in front of Thor, blocking Peter from shooting him. She was standing in between the gun and god.

Peter always does things in the heat of the moment, letting his emotions take over his decisions. She's witnessed it countless of times.

The Guardians were all shocked to hear the news that had just left the gods mouth.

Peter's eyebrows lowered, his eyes watering as he glared at Thor. Peter's blaster not leaving its spot in the air aimed at him.

Thor reminded himself to thank the Zen-Whoberis woman for stepping in.

"What happened?" Peter managed to get out, his voice cracking slightly.

Thor became confused, not hearing what he said. No one heard him, except Gamora.

"What happened?" Gamora spoke up a little more clearer than Peter as she stared at the god.

"Thanos killed her..." Thor put his arms down, along with his head. He let it hang as he stared at the floor, guilt and sadness filling his entire being. "He snapped her neck... right in front of me."

Drax and Gamora could feel their special hate for the Great Titan grow even more.

Gamora finding another reason to be despise the Great Titan.

Memories of the younger Stark filled all of their minds. How fun and compassionate she was.

None of them wanting to believe she was actually dead, Rocket spoke up.

"It wasn't one of her crazy illusions? She always did a ton of those." Rocket tried to think of ways she could have escaped. "Did she have time to do anything? She must be alive. She's not stupid."

His mind working, but he had nothing to go off of.

Even thought the two annoyed the shit out of each other, Rocket could never want her dead. He would never admit it to anyone, but he actually liked Hope.

"I-I don't know..." Thor shrugged as shoulders heavily as he shook his head.

"What do you mean you don't know?! She's either dead or she isn't!" Peter exclaimed angrily as he walked past Gamora and stood in front of Thor.

His breathing heavy and his hands clenched at his sides. His sadness always comes after the anger.

"If she had a plan, she wouldn't have told me . Not when it's on the spot. Especially in that sort of situation." Thor clenched his jaw, not liking how close the Guardian was.

Thor took a deep breath. He knew he had to stay understanding and calm. This is Hope's brother after all.

"Thanos has always been scared of Hope, not that he would ever admit it." Gamora gulped as she tried to shake away the grief of her dear friend.

She never had a friend like Hope. Not another girl who was a lot like herself. She was the closest thing she had to a best friend.

Gamora reached over to Peter and pulled him away from Thor. Peter complied and let her, still glaring at Thor.

This man says he's a literal god and Hope's friend, Peter thought, and yet he let my little sister get murdered right in front of him.