1:5

About 3 weeks had passed and classes were going fairly smoothly. No slip ups with Snape, no silly arguments with Draco, everything seemed well, except for Fred's attitude. Ever since that day those weeks ago, he's been so distant with me. I've tried and tried to speak with him but whenever I catch him alone, Angelina basically pops out of no where and claims to "need him" in that moment before I can even say two words to him. I can recall a moment a few days prior.

Flashback....

I was walking around the school late in the morning on my off period. I had decided to make my way over to the library because I was in need of a less boring, preferably fiction, book to read at night before bed. As much as I truly love my Astronomy class, the text book was oh so boring and not quite what I'd enjoy to read in my free time. I had decided to cut through the courtyard as I was in need of some fresh air. Draco was pestering me about a Potions test he was having trouble studying for and as much as I'd love to stay and help him, I just couldn't not deal with his yapping about nothing being fair and everything being too hard. I was enjoying my walk through nature when some fiery red hair caught my eye. George and Fred were sitting under a tree with Angelina. Angelina and Freddie seemed to be mid conversation and George was just off to the side, you could even say he was separated from the others, reading. I wasn't in any rush to get to the library and back to Draco's nonsense, so I walked over to the three of them. George looked to me delighted while Angelina was reluctant to say anything to me. I greeted each of them, but only George seemed interested in talking to me. He talked about how excited he was for quidditch season.

"You know, Lestrange, with a chaser like you on the Slytherin quidditch team, you guys might just have a us Gryffindors beat." He said lightly and with a slight chuckle to his tone.

Fred scoffed. "Sure..." He uttered under his breath, only meaning for Angelina to hear him, but leading out to be unsuccessful. I was taken aback by his harshness, but that wasn't going's to stop me from talking with his brother.

"I'm flattered, George. I'm sure I'll put up a good fight, but from what I hear around the school and the team practices, you Gryffindors are a forced to be reckoned with." I giggled as George boasted playfully about his team's track record and how they almost always win.

I couldn't help but notice that while George and I were speaking, Angelina was quite literally on top of Fred. Once in a while she'd giggle at him or they'd make this weird look to each other after I've said something and then start laughing to one another, almost as if they we're speaking telepathically. To be honest it made me very insecure, I was almost sure they were laughing at me.

I was quite literally getting lost in George and I's conversation. He just talks so damn fast when he's excited, it can be extremely difficult to keep up with him. There would be some part s of the he conversation that I would just smile and nod until figured out what he was talking about again. The topic of pranks soon landed in our discussion and right when George even mentioned my name in association with pranking, Angelina and Fred busted out laughing. Fred hadn't even looked at me once, that whole time. They both got up, still basically crawling on top of one another, and walked away, still continuously laughing. They said no word to George or I beforehand leaving. The sight of Fred and Angelina so close made me want to gag. What was their problem? Why are they leaving George out?  As I watched them practically skip off into the sunset, George spoke up.

"It's been like that since we spoke last." I turned back to face George, but he stared at his brother and friend walking away from us. I sat next to him as he continued speaking. "Angelina and Fred have always been good friends, but... we've always done things together, as a group. I have no idea what Fred has told Angelina or why the sudden 'Hey let's leave Georgie in the dark, I'm sure he won't mid,' came into play, but I just don't like this. Fred doesn't talk to Lee and I much anymore, or since that day, I should say. He's always got his nose in that dammed notebook, writing away. I'm his brother, out of any if not all people, I should be the one he shares that kind of information with, whether it just be a diary or something else but... it's Angelina he's showing. Constantly, she's giggling over his shoulder, watching him as he writes away." I could see  the hurt on George's face as he spoke.