5:3

Your POV

My eyes drew open unwillingly while my alarm clock beeped in my ear.

I woke up an hour earlier than normal, just to pass the stares from my housemates that I would potentially receive that, and every other, morning ahead of me.

Enduring people's sour gazes we're nothing shy of what I was used to. Having a mother in Azkaban earned me quite a few over my years at Hogwarts, and just in general, but the new glances were different. I couldn't change my mother, no, but I could agree with the people about her actions and ridiculous beliefs. I also couldn't change my blood status, but causing hate to others because of it, I could never settle with.

And so, I rolled myself out of bed, changing into my uniform and keeping a semi-watchful eye on Pansy, making sure I didn't wake her in the process of my getting ready.

It wasn't just the stares of people I didn't know that I was trying to avoid, but it was also the stare of one particular person.

I hurried out of my room and descended the stairs of the dorms to the common room. Only a few faces lurked around the darkened room, but none of them seemed to pay attention to me, which was relieving.

The corridors were very empty, only the occasional few students and professor every there and then were around. I greeted each of the Professors I had that day when I saw them in the morning, and frankly, a few of them were quite surprised to see me.

Professor McGonagall being one of those teachers.

"Oi, dear, I did not expect to see you around the corridors this morning." She said to me, stopping to make light conversation.

"Just getting a head start on the first day of fifth year." I lightly chuckled, brushing off any questions that may have arisen in her mind.

"May I ask why?" She cocked an eyebrow and I just shook her off.

"There's no particular reason." I smiled warmly, once again, trying to change the subject.

"Well then, my dear, off you go." McGonagall motioned me towards the Great hall. "I assume you'll want to be eating before class."

I nodded and bid her a 'see you later' before walking off. I wasn't in any mood to eat, but when I saw a shaggy haired Hufflepuff boy, I got excited.

Cedric! I thought to myself, smiling and hurrying over, but my smile quickly faded and my heart sank when the boy turned around, revealing himself as Tanner Commonly, not Cedric....

I sharply turned down an empty corridor and tried to contain myself. Cedric was dead and I missed him terribly, but that wasn't new information to me. There was nothing I could do about his death, yet I wished there was.

Once I calmed myself down from the moment I had had, I exited the hall and was quickly placed under the arm of someone.

"Where were you off to, pretty girl?"

"None of your business, Freddie." I smiled and looked up at the boy, the morning sun dancing on his skin.

"Ouch." He smirked. "Join George, Lee and I?" He asked.

"Of course." I huddled myself into Fred's side while we walked into the Great hall, it beginning to become filled with more and more students.

Lee and George were already sitting, having probably passed the corridor I was down while I was calming myself from the unwanted memory rising in my brain. They seemed happy when Fred and I joined them, sitting across from the couple.

"Look!" George exclaimed. "It's like our first double date!"

"How wonderful." Fred drawled sarcastically, earning a piece of toast thrown at his face by his brother.