3:3

This chapter is dedicated to Helen McCrory. Rest in peace to a lovely woman taken too soon. Fly high angel. You'll be deeply missed...

Third Person POV

"YOU DID WHAT!?" Hermione shouted at Y/n, getting shushed by people in the library.

After a few days, Y/n finally decided to tell her about Fred and her's almost kiss. She couldn't stop thinking about it. Why would she do that? Why would she ever lean in to kiss Fred? Maybe it was because she was caught up in the moment, but that wasn't what really stuck. It was that he didn't resist. For a split second Y/n thought he was going to kiss her back, but he changed his mind and she was wrong.

"Hermione!" She scolded quietly. "Keep your voice down!" Y/n sighed and leaned back in her seat.

"Y/n, this is crazy! I knew you liked him!" Hermione lowered her voice when speaking.

"I don't know what to think, Mione. In one way, I'm bashing my head against the wall internally for leaning in to kiss him, but in another I'm disappointed it didn't happen! Plus, Adrian had kissed my cheek at Hogsmeade earlier that day..." She told her friend and watched as her eyes grew wide.

"He did not!" She exclaimed and all Y/n could do was nod. "Y/n, he's hot!" She smiled, her eyes bright.

"I know, Mione. I know." She smiled back at her.

"So what are you going to do?" She asked.

"I'm not really sure. I mean, Fred rejected me. That's a clear sign he doesn't like me." She replied, surprisingly very bummed out. Y/n hated not knowing her own emotions. It didn't feel fair. All she wanted was to understand what was going on with her own head and heart.

"If you ask me, I say go for Adrian. If Fred really does like you, he'll get all jealous over it and there's your sign." Hermione winked.

"But... I like Adrian. He's a great person and he actually likes me and that plan would mean leading him on." Liking Adrian wasn't a lie. It was true, she had always felt a little tingle in her stomach when talking to him, but nothing like with Fred. "But, if Fred doesn't like me, no use in waiting around, right?" She hated saying that. Giving up so easily on him. She couldn't ignore the feelings she had over the years, becoming stronger almost everytime she looked in his direction, but she could get over them.

And that was something she could do, even if she didn't quite want to.

"My thoughts exactly. Maybe I need to take my own advice with Ronald." Hermione rolled her eyes. "He's so dumb. You left us alone to talk our selves and he ran off as soon as he had the chance! I ended up hanging out with Cho Chang. She told me to leave Ron and to find someone else. That I was pretty enough to get any boy I wanted." She sighed. "Those damn Weasley boys."

"Something about them. Come on, we have to get to Defense Against the Dark Arts." Y/n and Hermione packed up their things and continued to gossip over the boys in the school, Hermione suggesting maybe chasing after Cedric Diggory, knowing how close the two were, but Y/n resisted heavily.

Meanwhile the girls were rushing to their next class, not wanting to be late for Professor Lupin, sitting in Transfiguration, Adrian and Fred glared at each other from across the classroom.

Fred's inner self was completely destroying him from the inside out. Why would you do that? She was going to go for it! You should have kissed her then and there! He thought to himself, but then another side of him chimed in. She likes Pucey, that's all there is to it. If you kissed her, you would have ruined everything you worked so hard to gain back. Fred couldn't pin point his thoughts. They sprung all around his brain until it became too much. It didn't help that George was all on his case over it either.